Chapter 17 - Exposed

Mira's POV

As Draco heard my scream, he threw his phone onto the couch and rushed towards me.

"Draco, it hurts." I sobbed, squeezing his hand.

"Ok, calm down, angel." He said anxiously. "We are going to the hospital." He grabbed his keys and scooped me up in his arms bridal style.

The doctor checked my baby and said everything was fine. She informed me that during the first trimester, the body was preparing for the growing baby. These changes could cause cramping that would be considered normal.

After the check up, I was relieved. I was so scared that something could happen to my baby.

After the doctor had left, Draco walked in and approached me. He held my hand and placed a soft kiss on my hand and rested his hand on my stomach.

"Are you okay?" He asked, worried, rubbing my stomach.

"Yeah." I replied, giving him a reassuring smile. "I just got scared." I admitted.

"Me too." He admitted and placed a tender kiss on my forehead.

****

I was in my office in the company when my phone rang. I grabbed it and looked at the screen. I bit my lower lip as I saw David's name on the screen. Draco was going to talk to him these days. I was afraid of his reaction.

I took a deep breath and picked up the phone.

"Hi." I mumbled nervously.

"Hey. How are you?" He said nonchalantly.

"Fine. You?" I mumbled.

"Fine. I need to talk to you. Could we meet up?" He asked.

"Umm...Sure." I mumbled hesitantly.

"Ok, I will send you the location. See you."

"See you."

As he sent me the location, I grabbed my bag and left.

I parked my car as I arrived at the destination. I looked around, confused. There wasn't anyone here, just warehouses. I checked the location again, but it was right. I grabbed my bag and got out of the car. I opened the door and walked in.

"David?" I shouted.

The warehouse was dim and quiet. It seemed that there was no one inside. I was getting nervous.

"David!" I shouted, taking a few steps forward.

I squeezed the strap of my bag, frightened as I heard footsteps coming behind me. My heart was pounding in fear. I turned around.

"Draco?" I said, confused as I saw Draco walking towards me.

"Mira?" He gave me a puzzled look. "What are you doing here?" He asked, approaching me.

"David called me and asked me to come here. He told me that he wanted to talk." I replied.

"Me too." He informed and rubbed his forehead in suspicion.

"What?" I asked, puzzled.

He frowned and took a few steps forward while looking around. I followed him. He approached the table in the middle of the warehouse.