Chapter 10 - Between

Draco's POV

Her face got white. She bit her lower lip, averting her gaze.

"...No." She mumbled and walked away as she folded her arms over her chest.

"No?" I raised my eyebrow and turned around.

I looked into her eyes as I approached her in slow steps. Meanwhile, she stepped back, biting her lower lip nervously. She stopped as her back pressed against the wall. I smirked arrogantly and placed my hand on the wall beside her head.

"Are you sure?" I asked, leaning over her. "Angel." I added, smirking.

The colour drained from her face as she looked down.

I placed my finger under her chin and lifted it up as I asked. "You had found that it was me when we were in the mansion. Because of that, you fainted. Am I right?"

"Draco..." She murmured. "I don't know what you are talking about." She mumbled without looking at me.

I gave her a cocky smirk.

"Then I will make you remember." I said huskily and smashed my lips against hers.

She placed her hand on the back of my neck, her other hand rested on my chest as she responded to my kiss.

I leaned my forehead against her forehead, cupping her cheek. Our breaths were heavy.

"I can't get you out of my mind." I admitted and brushed my lips against her lips, pressing my bulge against her stomach. A soft moan escaped out of her mouth.

I pulled back slightly and looked at her, caressing her cheek softly.

"It is not right." I murmured.

"But it feels so right." She mumbled softly.

The corner of my lips curled up in a smile. I brushed my lips against her soft red lips again, kissing her gently.

"Why didn't I meet you before?" I asked sadly and leaned my forehead against her forehead, stroking her cheek affectionately.

"Draco?" When I heard my mother's voice, I instantly pulled back. Mira looked at me, panicked.

"Mira?" My mother called Mira.

"I..." Mira mumbled and rushed out without finishing her sentence.

I smiled sheepishly and ran my fingertip along my lips.

Mira's POV

I stretched out and opened my eyes. I ran my fingertip along my lips, smiling. I could still feel the softness of his lips on my lips.

Today, I was invited for dinner in Draco's. I was so impatient to see him again.

****

I breathed deeply and got out of the car. I felt nervous. I was going to see Draco the first time after our kiss.

As I walked in, David and his parents greeted me. Draco greeted me with a nod without looking at me.

During the dinner, Draco kept avoiding me. I felt sad. I didn't have an appetite anymore. I was picking at my food.

As soon as we had finished having dinner, Draco left saying he was going to hang out with his friends.

I was listening to their conversations without saying anything. I couldn't stop myself thinking about Draco. He probably regretted our kiss....and our night.

If he tells David about our night? Oh no! I can't look anyone in the eyes. No. He will not tell it. Don't think about it. But even if he doesn't tell David, I should stop this mess. But I have to wait for our engagement. I can't break up with David before the engagement.

****

The last few days Draco had been avoiding me. He got on my nerves. He acted like I hadn't even existed.

I frowned and placed my brush on the vanity table. I checked myself in the mirror. I wore a black mini dress.

David and I were going to a nightclub tonight. Unfortunately, Draco was joining us too. As I guessed, David had forced him to join us. I heard their conversation; Draco refused coming, but David insisted telling him he wanted to get Draco and me closer, because when David and I got married, we were going to be a family and so on. In the end, Draco got bored and accepted to join us. But from his expression, I couldn't say he was delighted.

When I was about to leave, my phone buzzed. It was David.

'Mira, I am going to be late. I haven't finished my work in the company yet. So, I asked Draco to pick you up. See you.'

I frowned, annoyed. I hated when David put his work first. Moreover, now I had to see Draco's grumpy face. I breathed deeply and put my phone into my clutch as I left.

Draco was waiting for me beside his car, holding his jacket over his shoulder. When he saw me, he roamed my body from head to toe with lustful eyes.

Then he frowned and clenched his fist

"What the hell are you wearing?!" He snapped.

I raised my eyebrow, giving him a questioning look.

"Good evening." I said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes, annoyed. "We call it a dress." I replied.

He raised his eyebrow, giving me a mocking look.

"Really?! But from here it looks like there wasn't enough fabric to finish the dress." I rolled my eyes. "You are not going in it anywhere." He said firmly. "It is too...revealing." He added, moving his hand up and down, gesturing to my dress.

What?! Who does he think he is?

"I am going." I said confidently. "If you don't come with me, then see you later." I added, annoyed as I waved at him and went towards my car.

He breathed deeply and said. "Ok. But don't leave my side for a second."

I stopped, grinning and walked towards his car.

I was looking at the people who were dancing while we were waiting for David, ignoring Draco. But I felt his gaze on me.

Draco frowned and put his glass down on the table loudly. He grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the dance floor with him without giving me time to resist. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him fiercely. His expression was hard.

"Hey." I warned him.

"I want to rip off the beautiful dress of yours." He said between his gritted teeth, his eyes dark. I shivered under his gaze. I bit my lower lip, looking at his lips. "I hate when other men are ogling what is mine." He whispered in my ear, breathing in my scent.