Chapter 3: His sincere heart

Seeing that Fourth Prince Rong Yingming reluctantly walks away while he keeps on glancing back to look at the General's residence as he wanted to catch a glimpse of the slim figure hiding behind the newlywed couple does make some of the curious passersby to stare at him. They can only feel pity towards the young maid as the Forth Prince is quite well known for being a ladies' man and frequented the brothels almost on a daily basis.

But, from General Hai's point-of-view, he has mistakenly thought that the Fourth Prince is enamoured by his wife's beauty.

"Damn, player!"

Jia Huian turns her head to look at her husband and says, "Esteemed husband, are you alright?"

General Hai Bojing tries his very best to smile at her but both Jia Huian and Chunhua including the 2 guards guarding the main entrance door gate freeze on their spots when they saw his 'smile'.

Jia Huian continues to smile despite the rising fear inside her heart. She has never seen her husband's smiling face. Seeing his awkward smile only shows that he is not used to be smiling to others which somehow bring joy to her heart.

"Esteemed husband, mother said that you wish to accompany me to go back to the Prime Minister's residence. Is that true?"

Gradually, General Hai Bojing's returns back to his usual unsmiling face which, in a weird way, much assuring than his smiling face

"Yes, it is my duty to go back together with you to show my appreciation and respect to the ol... (Cough) Father-in-law."

He then gently takes her small hand into his hand, Jia Huian is a bit uncomfortable with this sudden physical contact initiated by her husband by she just continues to smile. He gently lifted her body so that she will enter the carriage with ease before he enters the carriage soon after.

Chunhua puts the box of biscuits into the carriage before she sits next to the carriage driver who is obviously one of the General's man. She smiles at him before she looks back what's in front of the carriage. All she can think about is that the adorable Second Young Master Jia waiting for their arrival. She misses the sounds of his laughter. Those 3 must have been sulking back in the courtyard for not being able to come along with them. She chuckles and leans back on the carriage as she stares what is in front of her.

Jia Huian is sitting next to her husband as she pretended to be looking at her hands. General Hai Bojing sees this act of hers and slightly smirks. He then puts his arm around her slim waist and pulls her slim and fragrant body towards him.

"I can never get tired of having you in my arms, Huian..."

Jia Huian blushes when she heard his words. Her husband seems to be quite passionate in this lifetime.

"Esteemed husband..."

General Hai Bojing gently strokes her smooth cheek with his other hand, "Bojing. We are no longer a stranger, beloved wife. Huian... My Huian. For 2 nights straight, I never left your side. I cannot stop myself from taking you over and over again. I feel extremely guilty, Huian. I thought it will be better if I go back to the western region for the time being."