Chapter 19: The start of a plan

"Prime Minister Jia, you can take a deep breath and relax... This emperor will not do harm to the newlyweds. The rest of you are dismissed except for the Fourth Prince, the Prime Minister and the General."

Hearing the Emperor's order, the other ministers including officials retreat back out from the hall without making any noise. No one dares to make any assumptions on what's what but seeing how happy the Forth Prince looks, one can only assume that nothing bad will happen for sure.

"General Hai, I have heard the explanation given by my fourth imperial brother and I wanted to know if it can be done? Seems like your marriage has knocked some sense into that thick skull of his."

General Hai Bojing smiles and replies, "Your Majesty, this general has no say in this matter because Chunhua is one of my wife's dowry maid and comes from the Prime Minister's residence."

Prime Minister Jia Peizhi looks at General Hai Bojing before he turns his attention to the smiling Fourth Prince.

"Chunhua? His Royal Highness is interested with her? For real? But... Your Majesty, though she is maidservant serving my daughter, she is considered as a family member as well. All four of her maidservants are orphans from a very young age. Chunhua and Chuntao are gifted by my wife to her while Dongmei and Jinghua are given by her birth mother. Those maidservants are loyal to her and only her alone has the say in this."

Emperor Rong Xiaoli nods his head and further says, "From what I've known, that girl is quite well-educated despite her status. Which is good... The Empress Dowager is not against this. She is, in fact, elated to know that my fourth imperial brother is considering to marry someone. Then, if this marriage is going to happen, then this emperor has to ask the Prime Minister for a small favour..."

Prime Minister bows and says, "If it is under this old man capacity, then it shall be done."

"Good. Good. General Hai, do let your wife knows about this matter to let her discuss with Miss Chunhua. Prime Minister Jia, it is possible for your family to adopt her as your daughter? This is to prevent others from saying negative things about her."

Prime Minister Jia smiles but before he manages to say anything, General Hai Bojing interrupts by saying, "Your Majesty, if that is the only way to elevate Chunhua's status then this general believes that my mother is more than happy to help. After all, after having me as her only child over the years, she craves to have a daughter of her own."

Fourth Prince Rong Yingming turns his head to looks at General Hai Bojing and thinks that there is no way that he can be that helpful. Something is not right...

Prime Minister Jia Peizhi laughs and says, "Is that so? Then the general shall discuss with the matriarch first. But, this old man is more than happy to help as well. Our family will personally prepare her dowries."

"Wait... Bojing... What are you planning? Why must Chunhua become your adopted sister? This prince has a bad feeling about this?"

General Hai Bojing smiles but did not say anything. Emperor Rong Xiaoli is curious about it as well but he suddenly laughs.

"Fourth imperial brother, this emperor knows why... If Miss Chunhua become his adopted sister, would he not be your future older brother-in-law? Seems like the general is trying to make your life harder."

General Hai Bojing and Prime Minister Jia Peizhi are laughing as if to the confirms the Emperor's deduction. The three of them laugh as if to celebrate the Fourth Prince's misery.

On the other hand, Fourth Prince Rong Yingming is scowling but he did not say anything. After all, he has to focus on a bigger thing, Chunhua. With that thought, he is displaying his usual smile once more.

"Is that so... This prince can take that. Anything to have her as my wife."

Prime Minister Jia Peizhi and General Hai Bojing exchange glances with a smile on each of their faces.

Emperor Rong Xiaoli notices this but he let them be. After all, Fourth Prince Rong Yingming is never the one who let others to have it the easier way so why must it be different when it comes to his matter.

"Ahhhh... This emperor heard happy news as well. Congratulation to the General and the Prime Minister. I must say that I am so surprised. General Hai, you have worked so hard..."

General Hai Bojing coughs and replies, "On behalf of my wife, this general thanks His Majesty."

"My son-in-law did worked too hard. This old man can only hope that it will be a smooth sailing time for Huian."

"Father-in-law, Bojing will make sure that Huian will be well taken care of."

Emperor Rong Xiaoli nods his head in agreement, "An expecting woman will need around the clock watch and assistance. Especially so if it is her first time."

The clueless Fourth Prince Rong Yingming watches the three men and wondering what on earth are they talking about.

"Look at my fourth imperial brother absolutely lost after hearing our conversation."

Prime Minister Jia Peizhi then says, "His Royal Highness will know sooner or later..."

"Indeed..."

Emperor Rong Xiaoli smiles before he says, "General Hai, do discuss the matter with your wife. Someone just cannot wait to be a husband."

Fourth Prince Rong Yingming looks at Emperor Rong Xiaoli with sparkles in his eyes making the latter somewhat irritated and annoyed.