Chapter 24: Her backup plan

General Hai Bojing and Jia Huian are staring at the koi pond as she leans on his side. Ever since she has been confirmed that she is pregnant with their first child, Jia Huian has become been acting more affectionate towards her husband. He absolutely has no complaints about this change.

His wife has always acted and treated him accordingly. She always speaks to him with a soft and gentle voice. She always smiles at him. She listens well too but he always feels that she is somewhat out of his reach. Now, she has become more open and warm whenever she is with him. Maybe she knows that his feeling for her is nothing but sincere.

As Jia Huian leans on her husband's side, he puts his arm on her waist. It has been a month since her pregnancy has been confirmed and he will not let her out of his sight whenever he is home. Soon, she knows that he has to leave her when there is an uprising in the Western Region. She has to be strong for her unborn daughter even without him by her side.

After all, she knows that his heart belongs to her and their unborn daughter. Even if she cannot change the inevitable, at least she can rest assured that her daughter will be well taken care of by him and her remaining maidservants. Her sister-in-law and her future husband will be there for her daughter too when she is no longer in this world.

For her mother-in-law who will be affected by tuberculosis several years from now, she has already pre-planned everything to ensure that her sickness can be cured from the very beginning.

Without her husband's knowledge, she has taken in a senior maidservant. This senior maidservant is actually the daughter of a famous doctor who has died after being killed in an ambush 10 years ago. Living his only daughter alone before she becomes a maidservant to continue on living.

By the time that their Kingdom has been affected by tuberculosis, this senior maidservant will be the one who will successfully invent the cure for tuberculosis. By having her here, she will be able to prevent her daughter untimely demise. She has instructed the senior maidservant to serve her mother-in-law ever since she came into their residence.

Her mother-in-law is happy of course because the senior maidservant is not only loyal but quite knowledgeable in medicinal properties as well. Ever since her food and drinks have been taken care of by the new maidservant, she no longer feels lethargic and weak.

Now, about her remaining maidservants, Chunhua's fate has been changed in this lifetime. She has to make sure that the other three will live a happy life as well. And, preferably to settle down within the imperial city as well. She then straightens her body and looks up at her husband who in turns looks back at her as he gently smiles.

"What is it? Why are you looking at me like that? Do you want to go back into our sleeping chamber? Wait... That annoying man is still in the hall with Chunhua. What about we go to my study room? That place is a bit isolated so no one will be able to disturb us."

"..."

Jia Huian cannot help but think that her husband has become more open yet shameless in this lifetime. All he can think is how they can their 'private' time together regardless of the time. It is not like she does not like how he makes her feel every single time. But ever since he has known that she is pregnant, they no longer make love but he found other ways to make her satisfied and taught her well how he wanted to be satisfied. Her husband is a corrupted man but in a much pleasurable way for her.

"Bojing... Can you not..."

General Hai smiles and kisses her smooth cheek, "Can I not what? Make you moan as I worship your body? Or, how you makes me moan when you su..."

She immediately uses her small hands to stop him from talking any further and she can feel that his body slightly trembles as he tries not to laugh out loud upon seeing her perplexed face. When she looks their surrounding to make sure that no one hears what he has just said, his hand squeezes her bottom while his other hand holds onto one of her hand. He then licks before he sucks on her fingers while he gazes into her eyes.