Chapter 13: Happy news

Imperial Doctor Bai smiles and says, "Furen, this old one will check on your pulse now."

Jia Huian gracefully shows the back of her wrist for the Imperial Doctor after she straightens her body though she still leans next to General Hai Bojing. This act of hers causes General Hai Bojing to smile as he gently pulls her wide sleeve up to make it easier for the Imperial Doctor to the check on her pulse.

Chuntao, without a word, calmly puts a silk handkerchief on Jia Huian's wrist. This is to prevent any direct contact by the Imperial Doctor, and upon seeing how attentive her maidservant is, General Hai Bojing nods in approval.

Imperial Doctor Bai looks Jia Huian before he proceeded to check on her pulse. While checking on her pulse, he seems to be surprised but then his expression becomes serious once more. After he is done checking her pulse, he looks at the pair of husband and wife with a smile on his face.

"Congratulation, General Hai. Congratulation, furen. Furen is pregnant with a child. The child is less than a week old so I can only detect a faint sign... Though, this old man has to warn the General and furen that furen's body is naturally weak so she has to be extra careful during her time of pregnancy."

General Hai Bojing is completely taken by surprise at what he had just heard, "Pregnant? But... This is only our third day of marriage."

Imperial Doctor Bai coughs and says, "It can happen is a couple is living 'harmoniously'. Or, it means that General and his furen is indeed a compatible pair to be blessed with a child this early."

General Hai Bojing laughs and says, "Huian, you're pregnant! This is good news! (Turns his head to his guard who is still standing in the room) You... Report this matter to my mother. Tell her that we will visit her once my wife feels better."

The guard immediately excuses himself as he walks out of the room. At least, the General did not punish him for Chunhua's matter. What can he do if the one who refused to let her go is the Fourth Prince? With calm and steady steps, he approaches the main courtyard with a wide smile on his face. After all, young madam is with a child. This is indeed happy news!

On the other hand, Jia Huian is smiling as she gently strokes on her still flat stomach. She knows that she is indeed pregnant but, in her previous lifetime, she only discovered her pregnancy during the first month. Long after her husband has left her for the western region. Her precious daughter is growing inside her. This time, she will be strong for her.

General Hai Bojing stares at her after Imperial Doctor Bai left with Chuntao. After all, Chuntao has to listen to the Imperial Doctor and take note of what kind of herbs can be taken by Jia Huian. She is smiling from ear to ear and this has made both Dongmei and Jinghua follows her to the study room. Once inside, she passes a small yet heavy bag of gold coins to Imperial Doctor Bai.

The old man tried to refuse because he came here out of goodwill for the General and knowing that the Fourth Prince is a good friend to the General.

"Young girl, this old man need not be paid."

Chuntao smiles and says, "This is just a small gesture from both the General and our furen. In the future, our furen will be under your care."

"Then this old man will accept. (Write something on a paper) This is a list of beneficial herbs for furan's consumption. It can be mixed in her meals or drinks. As she is quite weak, she needs to eat more meat..."

Dongmei then says, "But... She never likes to eat any dishes with meat."

Jinghua then says as she claps her hands, "No worries. I do believe that furen will eat more meat if it is good for her body."