Chapter 17: Passionate duo

Jia Huian hugs General Hai Bojing and comfortably rest her head on his chest. She is reminiscing of her previous lifetime.

How she lived a lonely life after she was married to him. How she struggled during her pregnancy and pretended to be happy in front of others. How her daughter grew without her love and, being ignored by him.

She closes her eyes and promises herself that this time, she will be strong for her daughter and her family. If he is not a good husband, so be it. She has her daughter growing inside her. Her family members are there too together with her loyal maidservants.

But, he is different now. He chose not to leave her on the third day of their marriage. He sticks to her just like a stubborn leech and it only gets worse when her pregnancy is confirmed.

In honest truth, she is not even sure if she loves him now nor then. Their marriage is a decreed marriage by His Majesty. She agreed to it for her family's reputation. When he left then, she was actually disappointed in his lack of attention. In the end, all of the added disappointments was like a sharp knife plunged into her heart. As she breathed her last breath, she felt a sliver of hatred mixed with anger as she remembered him.

He is different now so, this time around, she should be more selfish. She wanted him to love her and only her for as long as she lives. She wanted him to be a loving father to their daughter.

More importantly, she wanted her father to not die in vain due to extreme sadness. First thing first, her older brother has to settle down unlike in the other lifetime. Her younger brother should focus on education as well despite being pampered by all.

***

General Hai Bojing is a happier man these days due to his marriage. At first, he thought that it is not going to work out. But, when he first saw her face once he lifted the wedding veil, he cannot stop himself from falling in love with her. But, as a man growing up in the military family, he does not know how to express his own feeling.

Earlier this morning, he nearly caused the guards guarding the entrance and her maidservant nearly fainted in fear after seeing his awkward smiling face. Only one person smiles a bright smile back at him, Jia Huian.

She is an ordinary noble young miss who lives a pampered life but, unlike other young misses, she is not intimidated by him. Nor is she flustered upon meeting the rather frivolous Fourth Prince Rong Yingming.

But, what bothers him the most is that, despite the ready smile on her beautiful face and, her gentle yet graceful manner, his wife seems not to loves him as much as he loves her.

He looks down at his wife who is now is already sleeping soundly in his embrace. Seems like her pregnancy started to affect her. Thinking about how passionate they have been with one another since their wedding night only makes him smile even more widely. Their bodies are very compatible indeed.

3 months... They could not make love for that long because of her pregnancy. He is happy upon knowing that they have a child together but when the Imperial Doctor told him to not have sex with her... He cannot help but become somewhat sad. He still wanted to do a lot of things with his adorable wife. He loves to hear her voice when she moans. Or, how she bites his shoulder to prevent herself from screaming when she climaxed.

(General Hai is a lecher, readers)

Jia Huian opens her eyes when she feels something hard against her lower body. She sighs softly and gently pokes General Hai's stomach with her dainty finger.