Prologue

"W I N D O W  T O  W I N D O W"

Written by Khristina

Zayn sat at his desk, sketching when he heard a loud motor roar. He furrowed his brows and made his way to his window, moving the curtains. There he sees moving truck parked at the house next door.

512 Cherry Lane was the address. That house had been vacant for three years. Why is someone now moving in? And who are they? Zayn wondered.

Suddenly, another car pulled up and parked in front of the house. Two people, a man and a woman, hopped out the vehicle and walked over to the moving truck, talking to one of the moving men. Zayn was watching them intently until a third person emerged from the backseat.

He was male and looked to be about Zayn's age, seventeen. He had blonde hair with brunette roots and white, milky skin that shimmered in the sunlight. He was a little short, at least 5'7" and slender from the waist down, but bulky and muscular at the top. He had on an American flag tank top, baggy jeans, white high tops and Aviator sunglasses. Zayn's mouth watered at the sight of him. The boy looked rather annoyed from the way he was leaning against the car with his arms crossed and his fresh kicks tapped against the road impatiently.

The woman, who Zayn suspects to be his mother, stormed over to him and said something. The boy huffed and said something back causing his mother to gape at him before angrily removing his sunglasses. And Zayn thanked the Heavens for letting those shades come off because he had the most beautiful and bluest eyes Zayn had ever seen. And the way the light hit them, made them sparkle and clear as the sea. Before Zayn could even relish into the boy's eyes, he had marched off into his house.

Zayn shook his head and headed back to his desk. He continued to sketch with the thoughts of those blue eyes in his mind.