Chapter 28

The boys arrive at the station a few minutes after Niall and the officers do. All Zayn could think about was Niall and what he did to end up in the position he's in now. He knew Niall had a temper but for some reason he never thought he'd get arrested.

Niall was sitting in an interrogation room, his lips pursed and arms crossed. He was beyond pissed but also extremely scared. 

"Niall, you wanna tell us what you were doing on October 13th between the times of 7 pm and 10 pm?" one of the officers question.

Niall sighs, "I was at a friend's house. She was throwing a party."

Officer Rogers scribbled down some note while Officer Peloski kept questioning.

"At this party, Ryland Hall was assaulted by who he claims is you, Niall Horan" Officer Peloski states.

"Yes, its true. I did kick his arse" Niall replies.

Officer Rogers and Peloski turn to each other and share a pointed look before looking back to Niall. "Why did you do it?"

"Because he was talking smack on me and I got pissed. I don't really know what happened. I tend to black out when I'm angry and it was even worse since I was a little drunk" Niall informs. Hey, the best thing to do is to tell the true the first time so he might as well.

"Niall, have you ever done anything like this before? Gotten in fights with people?"

Niall sighs, "Yes, I admit I do have a temper sometimes."

The officers share another look before continuing.

"What else happened at the night of the party?"

"After I kicked Rylan's ass, I just went back to partying. I played the guitar for awhile, just entertaining people until my boyfriend showed up" Niall says truthfully.

"And is your boyfriend the guy with the black hair?"

"Yeah."

Officer Peloski sighs, "You do realize you're in major trouble right? Ryland ended up in the hospital for a week, he was in critical condition. When he finally woke from his coma, he informed that he was beaten by you and wanted to sue."

Niall eyes widen, "S-sue?"

"Yes."

"This case will be taken to court, the date set for November 1st. You will have to spend the time before the trial in a cell."

"W-what?! No! I can't!" Niall jumps from the chair, the officers both jumping also and clamping their hands on their pistols.

Niall raises his hands in defense, "I wasn't gonna do anything, chill!"

Both officers refrain from their weapons but stare at Niall skeptically. "Look, I can't stay in a cell! Those are for criminals! I'm just a teenger, please, I'm sorry!" Niall grips at his hair, tugging harshly, something he always does when he's nervous, scared, or stressed. In this case, all three.

"Sorry, Niall but that's the law. You must stay in jail until your court date" Officer Rogers says sadly.

"I n-need a lawyer! I have to get one!" Niall says pacing back and forth in the tiny, confined room.

"Do you have the funds to obtain one?" Officer Peloski asked.

Niall bit his lip, "No."

Officer Rogers sighs, "That's okay. In a court of law, you are allowed an attourney even if you can't afford one, we have to appoint you one. We read you those rights when we arrested you."