Epilogue

Graduation Day: Five Months Later

—-

"Niall Horan" Principal Cowell announces.

Everyone cheers as Niall walks on stage, accepting his diploma and shaking hands with his principal, super intendant, and teachers.

Niall was over the moon. It had been a tough journey but he did it. He finally did it. After he was released, Zayn helped him with his studies and his grades got up. Now here they were, both graduating.

Niall approaches the podium, a brilliant smile etched on his face.

He clears his throat, "I just wanna say that this year has been crazy. I've been through so much and I couldn't do it without the help of my boyfriend, Zayn, his family, my new set of friends: Liam, Louis, and Harry. Along with my counselor: Mr. Williams, my pre-calc teacher: Mr. Griswald, and Principal Cowell. I've never really been the center of attention, no one's really paid much attention to me. I've always had to do things on my own. And there were times where I wanted to give up. Where I felt like no matter what I did, it was never good enough, so why do anything? But then I met Zayn" Niall looks over to him, sending him a wink which Zayn returns with a loving smile.

Niall looks back into the crowd, "Zayn taught me so much. He taught me to never give up. He taught me that I'm here for a reason and that I'm here to make a difference. He taught me how to be more open and he showed me that there are still people who will care for me and love me. You know, nine months ago I never thought I'd be here. If I kept going down the same road I wouldn't have made good grades and I wouldn't be graduating, hell I probably would've dropped out all together. I wouldn't be dating the love of my life. I wouldn't be living with such amazing guardians who I'm glad to call my own parents. If this didn't happen I'd still be stuck in a deep hole. I'd still be with a girlfriend who was cheating on me and I'd still be living with a set of parents who never cared or understood me. I am so blessed to be in the position I am now. I never thought screwed up people like me get a second chance. But here I am, somewhere I never thought I'd be and I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else. So if you could take anything from this speech, I want it to be never give up. Life is tough, shit happens. You lose yourself, you lose others but nothing's perfect. Everyone has issues and what makes us amazing as human beings is that we have the ability to cope and make the situation better. You are strong, you are beautiful, and you are worthy. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, fuck them. So the next time you feel down or you're having a problem, always remember that God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers. You will get through this, it may take time but it will happen. Never give up, thank you."

Everyone in the stands gives a standing ovation while Niall makes his way down the stairs and sits, waiting for Zayn's name to be called. He couldn't be anymore happier.

Many names later, Zayn gets called and Niall does a big applause for his boyfriend. Zayn heads down the stairs posing for pictures along the way that Trisha is snapping wildly of. After the ceremony, everyone heads back to the house for the grad party.

Iggy Azalea is blasting through the house. Zayn and Niall are perched on the couch, a plate of cake in their hand while Liam and Louis are on the other seat, Louis on Liam's lap. Harry is standing and talking to Zayn's parents. Tony and his boyfriend are there. Zayn and him have been getting closer, almost best mates and the others accepted him in the group.

"I can't believe we graduated" Louis says.

"I know, its kinda bittersweet. I'm happy I'm out of that hellhole but sad for no more dances, football games, pep-rallies, pranks, half-days, skipping classes" Liam says with a dreamy sigh at the end as he reminesces.