Chapter 7

I couldn't wait to upload this for tomorrow so I did it now lol. Enjoy:)

—-

"So the new neighbors are nice" Zayn's mum says while taking a bite of her steak.

"Yeah, they are. They have a son named Niall who's Zayn's age." Zayn's dad turns to him. "Have you met him, Zee?"

"Yeah" Zayn mumbles.

"How is he?"

A jerk but he's beautiful. "Cool I guess."

"Well that's nice cause they invited us over for dinner tomorrow night."

Zayn chokes on his meat and coughs. He turns to his mum with wide eyes. "What?!"

"I said we're having dinner with them tomorrow at their house. We would've done it sooner but they've been busy with moving and your father was working over-time."

"W-we're having dinner with them?" Zayn gapes at her.

She chuckles, "That's what I said, honey."

"Why?!" he yells.

"Zayn Javadd Malik, don't raise your voice at me! We're having dinner with them to get to know them! They're our neighbors! Now calm down and eat your food!"

Zayn pouts and reluctantly takes a bite of his meat. Dinner with Niall? Oh, how great. Just kidding, haha he's fucked.

—-

"Mum, where's my black button down!" Zayn yells.

"Under your bed, sweetie! Now hurry up! We gotta be at the Horans in five minutes!" she yells from downstairs.

Ugh. Zayn is dreading this. But at the same time when he thinks of Niall, he can't but smile like a fucking school girl. He knows Niall is pissed at him though. Today at school, he just ignored him like usual. He just loves to ignore people. Honestly, Zayn doesn't get him. He never talks in class and he sits by himself at lunch and reads or listens to music. He's so mellow and keeps to himself. But then Zayn thinks about how he's the same. He doesn't really talk either unless its to the lads or his parents. He likes to read and keeps to himself. They're kinda alike and that makes Zayn smiles. But then he frowns because they're so different too. Whatever, its confusing. Niall's just confusing.

Zayn reaches under his bed and feels something. He grabs it and sees its his button down. Bloody hell, that woman is magic. He throws it on and looks in the mirror. He looks kinda good. But good enough for Niall? 

"Zayn, let's go!"

"Coming!" Zayn says, rushing down the stairs. His mum passes him her famous lasagna as they walk outside and to the Horans.

Zayn's hands begin to sweat and he can hardly breath. He can't do this. At all. Oh my god.

Zayn's mum knocks on the door and looks back at him and his dad. "Best behavior, boys."

Zayn and his dad scoff and roll their eyes. The door opens, revealing a middle-age smiling woman. "Hello."

Zayn's mum hugs her. "Hey, Maura! This is my husband, Yasar and my son, Zayn."

She smiles at him, "Hello, Zayn. I bet you wanna go up to see Niall. He's just in his room, first door on the left. I told him to come down but you know how teenage boys are" Maura rolls her eyes.

Zayn nods and steps inside. He gives his mum a pleading look but she's too caught up in talking to Maura and soon they rush into the kitchen with his dad behind them. Zayn turns to the staircase. He can feel the blood pumping in his ears and he takes a step. With every step he takes, it feels like his feet are getting heavier. He can't do this.