Chapter 4

Ahhh Saturday mornings. Zayn loves watching Niall on Saturday mornings. I mean, he loves watching him everday but there's something about Saturday morning. Niall just seems more cheerful.

Zayn sat down his cup of coffee and bagel before taking a seat at his desk. He grabs his binoculars, putting the strap around his neck and began his watching. There, he saw Niall curcled in his bed with both his hands tucked under his cheek. It was fucking adorable and Zayn actually awed out loud.

Niall's long lashes graced over his flushed face and his pretty lips are slightly parted. What's also cute is how his face scrunches up every once in a while. This is the second time he's watched Niall sleep and he can't get enough. He wishes that Niall would sleep all day.

Zayn just sits there completely pulled into Niall's beauty. He's like sleeping beauty. Zayn literally watches him sleep for thirty minutes. Thirty fucking minutes.

Then Niall begins to stir and his bright blue eyes open. He rubs them and then hops out his bed, wearing just boxers of course. But Zayn doesn't mind. Niall goes out his room, probably to pee and get breakfast. Zayn waits patiently, munching on his bagel. He never sets down his binoculars though. One hand occupied by holding them up and the other picking up his coffee and bagel. He's crazy but come on, its Niall Horan here.

Speak of the angel, Niall comes back into his room with his breakfast. He sits down at his desk and eats. Zayn watches how he chews, most importantly how he swallows. He loves how he eats. The way he opens his mouth but his tongue comes out first. How he puts the piece of the pancake on his tongue and sucks on it before chewing. Its mesmerizing.

When Niall finishes eating he gets dressed. Oh, how Zayn loves seeing naked - well particially naked. Zayn loves his body and he memorizes every single dimple, hair and mole on it. He can read Niall's body like a book. Its crazy. Niall only moved in fifteen days ago and Zayn already knows so much about him.

And Zayn doesn't even talk to him, he's too nervous. He has a class with him but he doesn't talk or look at him. Only when Niall asks for a pencil or what's for homework. And Niall's only given him a ride twice, both awkward as fuck. So Zayn starts to not mess with Louis so Louis doesn't ditch him again so he doesn't have to get a ride from Niall. In other words, Zayn's such a pussy he's ignoring Niall and only doesn't ignore him when he's watching him.

When Niall gets dressed - blue shirt and sweats - he grabs his guitar and sits on his bed. He begins to strum and Zayn loves how his fingers move so eloquently on the strings. And how his eyes shut when he sings. Zayn can't hear him sing but he knows he's great.

Niall sets down his guitar and gets up and walks towards his window. Zayn jumps off his chair and crouches down. Fuck, Niall almost saw him. He stays crouched because he doesn't know when to get up. Suddenly, he hears an angelic voice flow through his ears.

I used to rule the world

Seas would rise when I gave the word

Now in the morning I sleep alone

Sweep the streets I used to own

Zayn jerks up with wide eyes and sees Niall back at his guitar, singing.

I used to roll the dice

Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes

Listen as the crowd would sing,

"Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!"

One minute I held the key

Next the walls were closed on me

And I discovered that my castles stand

Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing

Roman Cavalry choirs are singing

Be my mirror, my sword and shield

My missionaries in a foreign field

For some reason I can't explain

Once you go there was never

Never an honest word

And that was when I ruled the world

It was the wicked and wild wind

Blew down the doors to let me in

Shattered windows and the sound of drums

People couldn't believe what I'd become

Revolutionaries wait

For my head on a silver plate

Just a puppet on a lonely string

Oh, who would ever wanna be king?

I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing

Roman Cavalry choirs are singing

Be my mirror, my sword and shield

My missionaries in a foreign field

For some reason I can't explain

I know Saint Peter won't call my name

Never an honest word

But that was when I ruled the world

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing

Roman Cavalry choirs are singing

Be my mirror, my sword and shield

My missionaries in a foreign field

For some reason I can't explain

I know Saint Peter won't call my name

Never an honest word

But that was when I ruled the world.

The wind gets knocked out of Zayn, seeing Niall like that. Everything's so damn perfect.  The weekend's sun is shining in his room and illuminated his beautiful face. The wind blowing his sheer curtains and they're flowing. The warm and crisp air wrapping around him. His voice. That fucking angelic, beautiful voice. That voice would make angels cry. The scene taking place before Zayn makes him think he's watching some sort of slow-motion music video.

A loud ringtone blares, interrupting Zayn's daydream and Niall's playing time. Niall picks up his phone and answers.

"Hello? Hey, babe...yeah, I'm good...school's nice...yeah, I miss you too, sweetheart...don't worry I'll see you next weekend."

Zayn's heart literally shatters. Okay, maybe not literally but it could've. He frowns thinking of what he knows is true but shouldn't be.

Niall.

Has.

A.

Fucking.

Girlfriend.

"Okay, Alicia...seeya next weekend...bye" Niall hangs up and begins to play his guitar again.

Zayn turns away. He doesn't even wanna watch Niall anymore. He's fucking taken and that just makes Zayn wanna jump off a goddamn building. He's been watching a straight and taken guy who will never care about him. And if he did, he'd only wanna be friends. But Zayn wants to be so much more. Everyday he finds himself falling for the blondie. He doesn't mean to but watching his little quirks and things he does made him. But there's no use. Niall will never exchange the feelings. Zayn will always be the stuttering and weird neighbor and Niall will always be the badass and reserved straight guy.

Zayn's made a decision. He'll just stop watching Niall.