Chapter 19

Its been two days since the incident. Zayn's texted Niall and Harry and neither have responded. Zayn's scared that both of them are mad at him and ignoring him. He knows Harry got his texts because he saw he read them and he knows Niall has too. Hell, he's even seen Niall walking around his room, much like today. He's been dying to talk to Niall but can't muster up enough courage to.

At that moment when Zayn's lost in his thoughts, Niall opens his windows and begins to smoke a cigarette. Zayn hadn't seen him smoke in awhile so he knows he's stressing out about something or someone.

As Niall takes a drag, his eyes locks with Zayn's. He tries to pull away but can't as he's staring at Zayn's golden eyes.

"Hey" Zayn chirps softly, almost scared.

"Hey" Niall sighs.

"Look I'm sorry about what happened. Please don't be mad. Harry kissed me and I didn't know he would. He caught me off guard. I wouldn't kiss him. He likes me, I don't like him, only you and-"

Niall raises his hand to tell Zayn to stop his rambling. He sighs and runs a hand through his matted locks. "Its okay. I freaked out a little...okay a lot. But its okay...but it doesn't matter anymore."

Zayn's brows scrunch in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Niall bites his lip, "I'm leaving."

Zayn blinks, "W-what?"

"My mom found out I got in another fight. I also maybe slipped that I was dating you...well not you in general but a guy. She flipped out and called my uncle. I'm going to live with my him. I fucked up, Zee" Niall puts his head down in shame after he flicks his cigarette out the window.

"Y-you're leaving?" Zayn chokes, trying to hold back his tears.

Niall clenches his eyes shut and takes a deep breath, trying to ignore Zayn's voice cracking. He slowly opens them. "Yes, don't you see, Zayn? I failed. They were right all along. I can't do anything right, I'm only trouble. Maybe this is for the best?"

Zayn's taken aback. "W-what? How can you say that?!"

"What?! I'm only stating the truth! I'm nothing but a failure! My mum was right all along! Maybe this is what I need. Maybe this is what I need to get myself together."

Zayn crosses his arms, "So that's it? You're just gonna believe what everyone's been saying? You're just gonna give up?"

"What's there to give up on, Zee? I gave up on myself along time ago. I was never this psycho, hot-headed douchebag. I was once normal. I once got good grades. I was once a good person not some delinquent. This will help me. This will get my life back on track."

"But you're leaving me" Zayn whimpers.

"Its for the best! Please don't make this any harder than it needs to be. This is for the best" Niall's voice raises showing frustration.

"So like...are we over?" Zayn says softly. His blood runs cold at the thought. He can't imagine himself without Niall.

Niall sighs, "Yeah. I mean, it'll be hard to keep a long distance relationship. You saw that me and Alicia broke up."

Zayn nods trying to ignore the cracks rippling in his heart. "You still going to Brookside?"

"No, I'm getting enrolled in a new school."

"W-where are you moving to?"

"Woodmont."

Zayn's eyes widen, "Woodmont?! That's like two hundred miles from here!"

"I know" Niall nods.

"What are you gonna do in Woodmont?" Zayn bites his lip.

Niall shrugs, "Just attend school. Maybe get a job. Just normal teen shit."

Suddenly, a blue minivan pulls up to Niall's house honking furiously. Niall turns to his sad eyes to Zayn. "That's my uncle."

"No" Zayn whines.

"Babe, I have to go. I'm sorry" Niall leans off the windowsill.

"I just got you, I can't lose you" Zayn cries.

Niall frowns and some tears fall from his icy blue orbs. He mouths an 'I'm sorry' and shuts the window. 

Zayn can't help but freak out. His chest begins to heave and his eyes are burning from them flooding. He can't breath and in that moment he wants to die. He just lost the only thing that matters to him. The boy he'd been head over heels for and even watched and even became his boyfriend just walked out his life.

As Zayn gasps for air, he curls into a ball onto his cold hardwood floor and cries.