Chapter 1

"God dammit! School starts in four days!" Louis exclaims while plopping down on Zayn's bed, starfish-style.

"Yeah, Lou you didn't know that?" Harry asked, eyes glued on the screen.

"I told you last week school started soon-fuck Harry! I'll get you back for that!" Zayn says before Harry had shot and killed his character.

"What classes are you taking this semester, Zayn?" Liam asked, sitting at Zayn's desk going through his sketches.

"Um-shit, Harry! Anyway, I'm taking art 4, pre-calc, world history, music appreciation, chem 2 and english 4."

Liam nods, "That's cool. I'm taking music appreciation and pre-calc too."

Louis hops off Zayn's bed and groans. "Will you tossers stop playing that stupid video game and entertain Liam and I? We're bored as fuck and you two have been playing for the last hour."

"Yeah, in a min" Zayn and Harry say in unison, still staring at the screen.

Louis rolled his eyes and walked over to the window. "Whoa! Zayn, who's the hottie next door? Damn!"

Zayn immediately pauses the game and sprints to the window, tripping over the controller wire, and snagging Harry's controller out his hands. He stood next to Louis and looked out the window. "I don't know. He just moved in a week ago" he panted.

Louis' eyes widen, "That's the fastest I've ever seen your lazy arse move, Malik. What, you got something for the neighbor, hmm?" He smirks.

"Fuck off, Lou" Zayn growls.

Louis laughs then glances out the window again. "He's hot. I hope he's attending our school" Louis said before walking away. He sat down next to Harry and took Zayn's spot.

Zayn saw his neighbor moving around his room, shirtless. He was still rearranging little things around and his mouth was moving beautifully, probably singing. Zayn watched him attentively until Liam cleared his throat. "Stalker much?"

Zayn rolls his eyes, "N-no..."

"Yeah, you are. You've got the hots for your neighbor."

"No, I don't!"

"Oh, come on you're totally stalking him" Louis jumps in.

"No, I'm not! I just think he's...interesting. I like that he gets up around ten and likes to eat breakfast at his desk. He always eats chocolate chips pancakes with a side of strawberries and orange juice. He plays guitar and plays a lot of Ed Sheeran. He goes on five p.m. runs. He also works out between six and eight. He does a lot of core exercises so I know he wants to work on getting some abs. I mean, he kinda does, but its barely noticable."

Zayn turns to the boys who are just staring at him with wide eyes and eyebrows raised. "What?"

"Oh, yeah you're totally not stalking him" Harry says.

Zayn flashes the boys a middle finger before turning back to his neighbor, only seeing he's left his room. Zayn sighs and goes to watch Louis and Harry play Call of Duty.

---

"Zayn will you take the trash out and bring it to the front? The garbage man's coming today" Zayn's mother asked while flipping pancakes.

Zayn gulps his juice before nodding in reply. He hops off the barstool and goes to the trash. He picks it up, ties it and goes out the patio door to the garbage can. He throws the trash in before rolling the can to the front yard on the curb. When he starts to walk back inside, he sees his neighbor come out the front door.

Zayn's heart begins to pound eratically and his hands start to sweat. He swallows from his throat getting dry and watches his neighbor run to the curb and sit before pulling out a cigarette. He puts it between his lips and whips out a lighter. Zayn watches his chest rise before releasing the smoke into the air in tiny circles. Suddenly, his neighbor turns his head to see Zayn staring him.

He just puts the cigarette back to lips and turns his head away, blowing out some more smoke. Zayn continues to watch, completely in awe at how his neighbor is blowing smoke in different shapes.

"Can I help you?"

And Zayn could die right there from hearing his thick but sweet voice that just so happens to be Irish. Five points added to his hotness.

"Helllooooo?"

Zayn snaps back to reality and sees his neighbor giving him a hard look. "Um, n-no" he stutters then mentally slaps himself for how ridiculous his voice sounds. His neighbor goes back to smoking and ignoring him.

Zayn swallows again before blurting out, "Hi, I'm Zayn!"

His neighbor turns back to him with raised brows. "Congratulations" he mumbles carelessly.

Zayn's taken a bit back from his stern voice and rudeness. He knows its his cue to leave so he begins to walk off.

"What grade are you?" his neighbor asks.

Zayn turns back to him, "I-I'm in the 12th."

"Really? I thought you were a freshman."

Zayn scoffs, "And why'd you think that?"

His neighbor shrugs, "I don't know, just cause."

"Well, I'm not" Zayn defends.

His neighbor nods before throwing the cigarette down and stomping on it. He stuffs his pale hands into his pockets and walks off. "Seeya" he mumbles.

Zayn doesn't have time to reply because his neighbor is already gone behind his front door. He runs his fingers through his hair and sighs. His eyes grow wide once he sees his appearance. He's wearing nothing but Batman boxers. He immediately runs into the house, too embarassed of what took place. He congratulates himself for acting like a weird and stuttering mess and for wearing nothing but superhero boxers in front of his neighbor.