Chapter 23

Okay so there may or may not be smut in this chapter...oops.

—-

Zayn and Niall just sat in their spots. They can't move, they just stare, taking each other in. Its like time is frozen. Niall is more beautiful than ever. Some acne he had before vanished and his hair was now lilac. Zayn couldn't believe that Niall was here in front of him, in the flesh. He literally felt like he could shit twice and die.

Niall knocks Zayn out his thoughts when he jumps off the island and speed walks out the kitchen through the other doorway.

Zayn closes his mouth finally and stands there taking a second trying to comprehend what the hell just happened. Once he's 100% sure that that was really Niall and not just some silly mirage, he runs after him.

Zayn pushes through the crowds of people and he's thanking Niall for dying his hair because Niall sticks out and he easily found him.

"Niall!" Zayn yells over the loud music and talking.

Niall then begins to run. He gets to the staircase and as his hand touches the railing, a tan hand comes out of nowhere and places its self on top of his pale one. Niall's breath hitches and he looks up into shocked honey brown eyes.

"Niall" Zayn says breathlessly.

Niall swats Zayn's hand off and zooms up the stairs tumbling a bit in the process. Zayn groans and runs after him. He's so pissed at the moment. He hadn't seen Niall in two weeks and this is how he reacts? He runs away!

Niall sprints towards the bathroom and just when he's about to slam the door, a boot covered foot stops it. "Niall!"

"What are you doing here?!" Niall yells beyond irritated and confused. "What, are you stalking me...again?"

Zayn rolls his eyes, "No, I'm not. A friend from school asked me to come to a party with him and I said yes. I didn't think you'd be here. Please let me in!"

"No."

Zayn groans. "Niall, please. We haven't seen each other in two weeks and this is how you react?! God dammit, Niall let me in!" Zayn pushes with all his strength but the door doesn't budge. He huffs and reaches his hand through the little crack and grabs onto whatever he can which turns out to be Niall's wrist.

Niall yelps and jumps back, bumping into the tub. Zayn barges in breathing hard, eyes wide, he looks like a maniac. Niall clenches his wrist and keeps his gaze down at the tile floor.

"Niall?" Zayn raises a brow and his casts his eyes down to Niall's wrist. "Move your hand."

Niall shakes his head rapidly and tries to move back but he's against the tub. Zayn grabs Niall's hand and removes it from his wrist. Zayn gasps.

Five red cuts across his pale flesh.

Zayn's eyes lift back up to Niall's teary blue ones. "Niall, whaaa?"

Nial snatches his hand back and whimpers. "Its nothing."

"Nothing?! Niall, what the hell is going on? You're cutting yourself!" Zayn freaks.

"Its nothing" Niall grits through his pearly whites.

"Niall, tell me what's happening. Why are doing this?" Zayn asked cautiously.

"Its none of your fucking business, Zayn! Leave me alone!" Niall yells brushing past Zayn.

Zayn spins around and latches onto his forearm like his life depended on it. "Niall, please! Tell me what's happening! We can't just act like this didn't happen! We can't just act like we didn't see each other!"