Chapter 8

Mitch's P.O.V.

I looked up to see Kirstie staring at me and then at Scott who had looked up too. The tears were slipping down my cheeks. And then she ran. She ran out the door. I heard her heels hitting the stairs and then the front door slamming. Avi and Kevin ran out after her, leaving me and Scott staring at each other. I looked around the room to see that Esther and Jonathon had disappeared too.

I looked back to were Scott was sitting, tears rolling down his cheeks too. "Scott..." I began my voice cracking. "No Mitch I don't deserve to be spoken to. It kills me to say this but I can't talk to you without thinking about what I did. I'm such a fucking idiot and you must know I'm really sorry." He said getting up and walking out the door.

I was sat there in that room by myself. Kirstie was upset. Scott was upset. Avi and Kevin most likely had found Kirstie by now and would know what happened and they'd be angry. I was... I don't know what I was right now. I was.... I was.... heartbroken.

Scott's P.O.V.

I got in my car and drove back to my motel where I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling, letting all my emotions wash over my body. My phone buzzed manically on my dresser. Thank God no one knew where I was staying. Confrontation at this moment in time would not do me any favors.

I needed to get out. I need to breath. To see some friends. The problem was it wouldn't be the same without my best friend by my side.

I finally decide to look at my phone after a couple of hour of it ringing and text messages coming through non stop.

Avi "the bass" Kaplen - Where are you?

Queen Kirstie - We need to talk!

Kevo - answer your cell!!

Queen Kirstie - Please Scott. I'm not angry. I just want to know what's going on.

Avi  "the bass" Kaplen - Scott I swear to God if you don't answer your cell I'm going to call the cops and make them find you.

Kevo - Scott we're getting worried.

Queen Kirstie - Please Scott. Where are you? I'm really worried!

And then there was a text that caught my eye. One that had only just come through. One that made my heart stop.

Mitchie <3 - I forgive you. Please come home and get things back to normal. We've been looking for you for hours. I know you didn't mean anything from the other night. You were just angry about Alex. I see where you were coming from when you got angry at me. Just please text me and tell me where you are.

I re-read the message. Not knowing whether to message him back or not. If I message him back they'll come and get me and Avi and Kevin will be angry at me and probably kill me. But if I don't message back he'll think something has happened to me.

But he wouldn't care if I got hurt would he? He probably only text me this so he could find out where I was and get the others to beat me up. Not that it would be in their nature to beat anyone up but you never know what to expect from a bass and a beat boxer.

My mind was doing two things at once. Worrying and angering. I couldn't handle this. Two voices in my head fighting against each other. I felt like screaming.

Text him Scott. No don't he doesn't really forgive you. You are such an idiot. None of them will forgive. Calm down. Fuck this they don't care. Why would they care you're the idiot.

I grabbed my phone and threw it at the wall. I stared at it as it fell to the ground and the screen smashed. I grabbed my hair into clump in my fists and started to pull, screaming.

It was like all my anger and pain and heartbreak and stupidity was coming in one noise.

That's when I heard the sirens.

Mitch's P.O.V.

 I sat in the back of the cop car. After hours of looking for Scott and texting him and calling him, Avi decided to call the cops. I told him that Scott just wanted space and would text us when he had had time to breath. But Avi was having none of it. He insisted in calling the cops.

"He's probably in a motel somewhere." I said. Avi took no notice of me. I turned to where Kirstie and Kevin were standing. "He's probably in a motel somewhere." I repeated to them. "It's not safe to just assume that Mitch. He's not answering his phone so anything could have happened to him." Kevin objected. "He never answers his phone." I said looking at Kirstie for confirmation but she shook her head. They can't seriously believe something has happened to him.

I got back in the cop car and they got out their tracking devises to track Scott's phone. Why were they doing this? He's fine.

We started to drive along the highway and the car stopped at an old motel. See he was just in a motel as I thought.

We got out of the car and walked towards the motel. I knocked on the first door I saw. A man opened it. He was short and fat. He had grey stubble on his chin and wore a dirty white vest. "What do you want?" He shouted. "Sorry. Wrong room." I said as he closed the door in my face.

Then I heard the screaming. The blood curdling screams of what could only be coming from Scott Hoyings mouth. What was wrong with him? Where was he? Is he alright? Is he hurt?

I ran down the hall towards the noise. I could hear the cops heavy footsteps close behind me.

Finally I stopped at a door which was open a crack. I slowly pushed it open and looked at the frail figure sitting on the edge of a bed, his hands over his ears, screaming at the top of his lungs. I ran to his side and put my arms around him. He flinched at my touch but stayed where he was still screaming.

I pulled his hands down from his head and held his hands in mine. His eyes were squeezed tightly shut. "Shhhh, Scott. It's ok. I'm here. What's wrong?" I consoled. The cops and the rest of the band stood in the doorway looking in at us.

"Make them stop!" Scott suddenly shouted. "Make what stop Scott?" I asked. "The voices! The voices in my head. The ones telling me what to do. The ones making angry. The ones making me go crazy." I looked at his face, his eyes still shut, tears slipping out from under his eyelids. His face was drained of colour. He looked tired. But finally he had stopped screaming.

He was now shaking. Shaking like a leaf in a tornado. "What do I do?" I said looking at the others. "We'll call an ambulance. He may be having a mental breakdown." One of the cops said. He took out his cell and dialed 911.

I felt Scott's grip tighten on me. He was holding onto me like I was the only one keeping him alive. And that's what I became, a life force. Holding him tight until the ambulance arrived.

A/N

Drama drama drama!!!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. My mind is now buzzing with ideas for the next chapter. :-)

Comment what you think is wrong with Scott.

vote/comment/share/tell a friend

social media

tumblr ciaraturner1310

twitter @1310Ciara