Chapter 9

Mitch's P.O.V.

Once the medics prized Scott off of me, they strapped him into a seat in the back of the ambulance. "We'll drive him to the hospital and get him checked straight away." The medic said to the group of us. "Can I come?" I said to him, not wanting to leave Scott by himself. The medic nodded and I climbed in the back of the ambulance.

I sat across from Scott who had put his hands back over his ears and was rocking back and forth. I put my hand on his knee to let him know I was there.

Then the sirens started again and the ambulance began to move.

When we pulled up outside the hospital, the back doors were flung open and a group of paramedics grabbed Scott under the arms and into a wheelchair.

That's when everything started going in slow motion. I jumped out of the ambulance and began to run after them. Every footstep that I took becoming louder and heavier. And that's when everything stopped. They pushed Scott behind two heavy doors and someone jumped in front of me. "You can't go in there sorry." I looked her up and down and then went to sit down in a chair.

I looked around the room. It was too white in here. People walked around looking too sick. Scott wasn't that sick. He wasn't sick at all. He was just panicking. He didn't belong in this hospital. They'd probably bring him back out in a few minutes and tell me that there was nothing wrong with him and tell me to take him home.

I noticed a girl looking at me. She was standing in the corner of the room, her back against the wall. She wore a hospital gown and was attached to a drip. She was looking me up and down. Then when she saw me looking back she broke into a huge smile and walked over to me.

She sat down in the seat next to me, her smile still plastered on her face and her eyes glued on my face. "You're Mitch Grassi." She whispered to me. "I am." I answered back to her, smiling back at her. Suddenly her smile disappeared. "Why are you here?" She looked so concerned. "I don't really know." I said tears in my eyes. "It's not Scott, is it?" She asked. I couldn't answer her. She suddenly pulled me into a hug.

And I was crying. Crying to a complete stranger! Did it matter? I needed someone to hold me and tell me it was going to be alright. "It's ok, Mitch." She said patting my back.

"Mitch?" I heard a voice behind me. I looked up to see Kirstie, Avi and Kevin standing infront of me. "Where is he?" Kirstie asked. I pointed towards the door they took him behind.

The girl looked at me. "You're joking." She said looking more worried. I shoke my head. "He won't be coming out of there anytime soon. They will do every test possible on him. He'll be bed bound for weeks." I looked at her and then slowly stood up and walked towards the reception desk. "When can I go in there?" I asked. "Are you related?" She asked monotonically. "We're best friends." I answered. "You can't go in then." She said looking back down at her computer screen.

Anger began to boil up inside of me. "You listen here lady," I said. "We've been best friends since we were ten. I am now twenty two. We have travelled the world together. We are in a band together. We live together. His family is in Arlington, Texas. It will take them at least a day to get here. You can't expect me to sit here until then and do nothing!" She looked up at me, peering over her glasses. "I'll ask the doctor." She said and got up from her seat and disappeared behind the doors.

I turned back to where the others were standing, wide eyed at me. "What? She can bloody well do something and let me see him." Kirstie grabbed me into a hug. "I'm sorry about all of this. About you guys fighting and him going crazy and just everything!" She said squeezing me tightly.

I then remembered the girl who began to get up from the seat she was sitting on. "Wait." I said prizing myself from Kirstie's tight grip. "What's your name?" I asked. "Mia." She said smiling at me. "Thank you Mia." I said. "I hope everything goes ok with Scott and all. He'll be fine. But if he's not I'll expect I'll see you round the hospital a lot." She said grabbing me into a hug. 

She then left us to ourselves, waiting for the receptionist to return. We sat there holding each others hands, hoping that one of us could go and see him. Hours upon hours past and I nearly lost hope.

Then the receptionist returned. She looked at me and nodded and I stood and began to walk toward the doors, looking behind me at the others until I couldn't see them anymore. Then I consentrated on the long hall. Listening to every step I took. Hearing my heart beat. Then seeing a room at the end of the hall. I knew that's where he would be I just knew it.

I stopped before turning to enter the room. Preparing myself. But nothing could prepare me for what I was about to see.

I walked into the room seeing Scott lying on a bed his eyes closed. He was as pale as a ghost. What seemed like hundreds of wires came from his arm. A doctor stood over his bed he turned and looked at me.

"You must be Mitch. I'm Dr. Rogen." He said to me. "How do you know my name?" It was the first thing that slipt out of my mouth. "He hasn't stopped calling for you." He looked down at Scott. "We have diagnosed him with schizophrenia and also an anger disorder. He was basically having a mental break down when you guys found him." The tears began to slip down my face. "We have injected him with sleeping serum. You can sit with him until he wakes up." Dr. Rogen walked leaving me there to stare at Scott.

I sat down by his bedside and held his hand. Lifting it to my lips and kissing the back of it. "It's going to be ok." I said more to myself then him. And I sat there for hours until I hit a restless sleep.

A/N

Hope you enjoyed

Like/comment/share/tell a friend

social media

tumblr ciaraturner1310

twitter @1310Ciara

byyyyyyyye