Chapter 17

Mitch's P.O.V.

Things carried on like this for two weeks. I got up every morning to the sound of the shower running. Scott stayed in his room most of the day. He didn't talk much either, only when I spoke to him did he open his mouth. I would always ask him if he wanted to come somewhere with me. He'd often answer with an 'it's ok,' or an 'I'm fine'. It always felt awkward and forced when he spoke like he didn't want to say it. I knew better than to ask him about what they did when he was in hospital. Knew he wouldn't want to talk about it but feel bad if he didn't answer. I heard him talk most at night, when he'd have nightmares. He would scream and shout and every night I would go into his room and wake him up and hold him until he fell asleep again but the second I got back into my own bed again the screaming would start again. Sometimes there was nothing I could do about. I wouldn't be able to wake him a lot. He would kick a lot too so I couldn't get near him without getting hurt and if he hurt me I know he would beat himself up about it! So most nights I would go down to the lake until five am and think about life. I hated to leave him alone and not be there for him but I can't handle it. I can't handle seeing him hurt or in pain. That hospital has really fucked him up.

The only thing I've noticed is that Scott isn't angry and he doesn't hold his head anymore and shout about the voices. His nightmares are usually him in the hospital screaming because they are going to take blood from him or something about me. He never talks about them when he wakes up, I just guess by what he says.

Scott's P.O.V.

I woke up and rolled over and looked at my phone. Eleven O clock. That's the latest I've woken up in weeks. I could hear water running and the familiar sound of Mitch's beautiful singing voice. I heard that voice every morning but never dared step out of my room to get a clearer sound. I might get caught but today I couldn't take it anymore.

I crept into the hallway and walked over to the bathroom door. I slid down the wall, resting my head on my knees and took in the sound of his voice. Every note, every word going right through me. I could feel the vibrations of the sounds going through my body and into my toes.

I smiled for the first time in weeks. It felt so good to smile. To actually show my happiness.

I was so caught up in being happy that I didn't hear the shower water turn off and then the door open. "Ahhh!" Mitch jumped back a metre. "Scott, I didn't see you there.  What are you doing on the floor?" I slowly stood up and looked down at my feet which shuffled on the spot.

Why couldn't I just tell him? He wasn't going to get mad at me for listening to him singing! "Um.... I was ah.... I was j-just listening to your... singing." I mumbled. I looked up at him. He had a huge smile on his face. "Y-you sound incr-incredible." I continued. He blushed. "Thanks, Scottie. You know it's been a while since I've heard your beautiful voice." Great segway Mitch. I looked back down at my feet. I couldn't do it. It felt weird to even speak, let alone sing.

Mitch realized he wasn't going to get an answer so he spoke up again. "I'm going to go and get dressed, if you don't mind." He pushed past me and walked into his bedroom, closing his door behind him.

I walked back into my room, slamming the door and kicking the side of my bed. Why can't I just get back to normal? But what is normal?

Normal is: Starbucks at eight am and Pentatonix rehearsals in the afternoon. Normal is: filming Superfruit and watching Spongebob. Normal is: Singing and talking to Mitch. Normal is: Laughing and smiling.

My life wasn't normal anymore. It felt like I couldn't do this anymore. I couldn't go to Starbucks. I couldn't go to rehearsals. I couldn't film Superfruit. I couldn't watch Spongebob. I couldn't talk to Mitch. I couldn't laugh. I couldn't smile. And worst of all I couldn't sing.

Why can't I do all these things anymore? It's not like I don't want to do them. It's more like my mind can't physically handle them. Like if I do anything even remotely normal now it wouldn't be right. I began to pace the room.

I heard a faint knock on the door. "Scott. Are you alright?" It was the familiar question that I seemed to hear every day now. I was always ok. I should always be ok but I'm not

Mitch stepped into the room. "Are you ok?" He repeated. I couldn't take it anymore. I walked over to him and stepped into his welcoming arms. "No. I'm not ok." I whispered, letting the tears slip down my cheeks. This is the first time I've cried since I got home. I buried my face in Mitch's hair. "I'll make it better. Don't you worry." Mitch said, holding onto me tightly.

I don't know how but we ended up sitting on my bed. He was holding me. My head against his chest. His arms pulling me closer to his body. The tears seemed to start to subside. I wanted to say it. I needed to find the words. I don't know why but Mitch seemed to make things better. Whenever something goes wrong, he always fixes it. Whether it's just a hug or maybe even a hand squeeze,  he always makes it better and that's why I had to say it.

"I love you." I said.

He breathed out slowly.

"I love you too." Mitch replied.

A/N

Howdy! UPDATE!!!! Here is your update guys. This chapter made me cry, not gonna lie. All the confusion. All the drama. What's going to happen next?

Won't be updating tomorrow, going to a friends house and she has no internet!!!!!!

Sorry @d3blin for thinking you're from Dublin but your nickname is actually Deblin. I dedicate this chapter to you.

anywho vote/comment/share/tell a friend

social media

tumblr ciaraturner1310

twitter @1310Ciara