Chapter 19

Scott's P.O.V.

"Get off of him ok? Take me instead! He doesn't deserve this!!" I shouted trying to remove the hands that were wrapped around my shoulders, to run and save him. "Please... I'll do anything!" I started to kick my legs. My legs came into contact with something and yet there was nothing in front of me. "Mitch don't leave me!" I shouted as they dragged him along the ground. "Please.." "Scott. I'm right here. I won't leave." Mitch said to me. His voice seemed extremely close and loud considering he was  being put in a van across a parking lot. "Scott, wake up. Come on. Please wake up." "I'm not asleep!" I shouted. "Yeah you are. You need to open your eyes." My eyes were open. What was he talking about? I squeezed my eyes tightly shut and then opened them again.

I looked around. I was in the studio, my feet up against a cupboard, Mitch holding on to my arms. "Shh-" He said, pulling me into his body. "Don't leave..." I whispered nuzzling my head into his chest as he rested his chin on my head. "I won't, I'm right here." He answered.

He gently but firmly kissed the top of my head and I felt butterflies go up through my stomach. "They were going to take you." I murmured. "No they weren't. It was only a dream." He reassured me. "It felt real to me." "Who was going to take me?" "The doctors. They said... they said that they had to do to you what they did to me." I stuttered. "And what did they do to you?" I looked up from Mitch's chest. "I can't, I'm sorry." I said. "No it's my bad. I shouldn't have asked."

I put my head back down to his chest. "Why are we still here?" I asked. Mitch laughed. "You fell asleep." Oh God! It was my fault again. "I'm so sorry. Why didn't you leave? You could have left me here!" "Hey, calm down. I was not about to leave you." "Then you could've woken me up. I'm such a burden." "Do you really think that, Scott? Do you really think that you're such a burden that I'd leave you?" "Well isn't that what you'd do?" I asked. "No. Do you seriously think I would leave you?" I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know what to think anymore." I responded.

Mitch stood up  and brushed off his pants. "C'mon." He said holding out his hand. "Where are we going?" I asked, taking his hand and lifting myself up off the ground. He didn't answer me.

Mitch's P.O.V.

If he really feels that worthless, I'm going to explode. I can't take this. He's the most amazing person in the world and he feels like this.

I was going to take him to the place I spent a lot of nights. I got in the car and began to drive. My mind swam full of possible things that could've happened in the hospital. I know he will tell me when the time is right. I just want to make the nightmares and the fears go away.

I can always tell when Scott was scared. The first time I ever saw that expression was when we were in ninth grade. He asked me to come to to the park with him after school. He looked terrified. A whole list of things went through my brain. Someone had died. He was dying. He was ill. His parents were ill. But nothing prepared me for what I was about to hear. I went to the park that day after school. I sat on the grass in between the playground and the tennis courts. I lay back and looked up at the clouds. After five minutes of waiting a dark shadow cast over me. I looked up to see Scott standing there. "So what did you want to tell me?" I asked when he had sat down. "I don't know how you are going to react to this... But I have to tell someone and you're my best friend so.... Here it goes..." He took a deep breath and then let all the air out of his body." ...I'm gay." He said a tear slipping down his cheek. I leaned over and wiped it away. I didn't know what to say. Of course by then I knew I was gay too but I had never told anyone ever. "I mean if you don't want to be friends anymore I get it.." He said to me. "What, Scott? I would never want to not be friends with you. I don't care if you're gay or straight or anything. You're still my best friend!" Then that a scared look went away.

I saw that scared look again when we were on the sing off. It was the day before auditions and Avi turned up late for the rehearsal that we had planned. Scott really wanted it to work out and was terrified that someone would back out at the last minute.

I had never seen it since then. That was until we found him in that motel. And it hadn't seemed to go away since then. It was a constant look of fear and worry.

I stopped the car by the park across from the Starbucks that was a block away from our apartment. It was the park that I went to every night when Scott was in hospital to 'clear my head.' It was also the spot I came to when Scott had really bad nightmares.

I got out of the car and went to sit down just before the lake started. I lay down on my back and looked up at the stars. You could see them from here because the city was a mile away and most of the street lights didn't work.

I heard Scott come and sit down next to me. He looked up at the stars too. "You say that walls can take your mind off things. I finally understood that last night. This is what takes my mind off of things." I said. I felt his eyes looking at me. I looked back at him. "Why are you staring at me?" "Because you take my mind off things. And you're the only one who can do that"

A/N

Hellllllooooo! how did you guys enjoy it? As you can see they are starting to get an understanding for one another. I hope you liked...

vote/comment/share/tell a friend

social media

tumblr ciaraturner1310

twitter @1310Ciara