Chapter 11

Mitch's P.O.V.

"Mitch wake up. Come on. We've got to go." A woman's voice woke me from my slumber. My eyes snapped open to see that I was staring at Kirstie. "What? Where are we going? Why do we have to leave? Where the hell am I?" I panicked looking around, realizing I was in a chair. In the hospital. So that wasn't a dream.

"Don't worry. It's just that visiting hours are over and the nurse wants you to leave." Now that was a different voice. I looked around Kirstie to see Scott sitting up in the bed. "Morning." I said yawning. "C'mon Mitch I can't stand it in here. As much as I love seeing Scott. I just hate hospitals." Kirstie said.

I stood up and stretched looking round the room. As I pulled my arms into the air I winced in pain. "Ouch!" I shrieked. My left arm was so soar. What had I done? And then I remembered. Last night, Scott, wall, ouch.

"Are you alright?" Scott asked. "Oh no. It's my fault isn't it? I hurt you didn't I? Oh I'm such an idiot!" Scott began to freak out. Hitting himself on the head, tears rushing down his cheeks. I jumped to hold him. "No, Scottie, no. It's not your fault. You didn't mean it. It's not that soar anyway." I said. He pushed me away. "I can't I'm sorry." He said covering his ears and rocking back and forth.

Soon a nurse appeared in the doorway and asked us to leave as she closed the curtain around Scott's bed. She was going to do God knows what to him. They were going to test him and prod him and probe him. Until he became nothing more than an experiment. Why did this have to happen?

Kirstie dragged me through the heavy swinging doors and out of the hospital.

"Hey, don't cry. He's in safe hands in there." She said sitting me down on the passenger seat in the car and wiping my tears away with her thumb. She put her hand on my arm and I winced in pain. That really did hurt.

"Take off your sweater." She ordered. "Kirstie, please don't do this. It doesn't even hurt that much." I pleaded. "Damn it, Mitchell. Take your sweater off before I take it off myself." She ordered again.

I obeyed this time, lifting my sweater over my head with great difficulty. She gasped. And I looked down to see a giant purple bruise, that ran from my elbow to my shoulder. "I bruise easily Kirst." I whispered. "What the hell did he do to you?" She shouted. "It's not his fault. He can't control it. You don't know how he feels. Last night, it was like he was in a trance. Like someone or something was controlling his brain to hurt or damage something and then he realized what he was doing. He realized it was me. He realized he was hurting me. It 's like he can't stop his brain from doing it to him." I said standing up.

She looked at me wide eyed. Then she looked down at the bruise on my arm. "Yes but it is still him doing these things. We need to fix him!" She said. "STOP SAYING THAT!! SCOTT DOESN'T NEED FIXING! He is not a monster. He is a human like me and you. Why does everyone assume that he is broken?" I shouted as loud as I could but trailed off at the end, sitting back down.

I closed the door to the car and pulled my sweater back over my head. Kirstie got into the drivers seat and started the engine. "I never said he was broken Mitch." She said to me. "Yeah well you implied it." I retorted.

Scott's P.O.V.

Mitch was pulled out the door by and that's when everything went down hill. The nurse closed the curtain around my bed and came over to me with a needle. Don't let her do it Scott! It hurts. She's only trying to kill you. Don't be so stupid she's a nurse, she's not trying to kill me. Yeah she is. You hurt Mitch. How could you? You're a monster. You're an idiot. Shut up! Go to hell Scott. No one likes you. Mitch will never look at you the same. Go kill yourself.

The woman came closer and closer to me with that needle and I lost it. I pushed her down until she hit the ground. What did I just do?! I truly am a monster. You're going to go to hell Scott.!!!!!

I fell in a ball to the ground and scrunched up as tight as I could. Why did I just do that? Because she's evil! She's only trying to help! Idiot! Fuck up!!

My hands found my ears and I began to scream. Screaming muffles the noises in my head. But it doesn't stop them.

Suddenly I felt someone grab me and something penetrate my skin. You idiot Scott! You let her do it! You're so-

And they stopped. They stopped talking. Left to my own thoughts in my head. But I was too scared to open my eyes or take my hands off of my ears. They were going to come back. And I hated them. I was sat on a bed again. Someone sat next to me, I could feel their presence. But all I wanted was for Mitch to come back and sit with me. Not whoever was sitting next to me now.

I sat there for what seemed like hours. Hands over ears. Eyes squeezed tightly shut. My mind drifted to Mitch singing to me last night.

"A gentle breeze from Hushabye Mountain
Softly blows o'er lullaby bay.
It fills the sails of boats that are waiting--
Waiting to sail your worries away.
It isn't far to Hushabye Mountain
And your boat waits down by the quay.
The winds of night so softly are sighing--
Soon they will fly your troubles to sea.
So close your eyes on Hushabye Mountain.
Wave good-bye to cares of the day.
And watch your boat from Hushabye Mountain
Sail far away from lullaby bay."

His voice was the only thing keeping me sane. But it felt like I was slowly drifting away from him.

A/N

Update update update!! I am on a role. But I am really tired :-( School sucks doesn't it.

Anyway. Hope you enjoyed. Here is a little insight into how Scott is feeling and all these voices in his head telling him what to do. sad :(

vote/comment/share/tell a friend

social media

tumblr ciaraturner1310

twitter @1310Ciara

See you soon guys :-P