Chapter 16

Mitch's P.O.V.

I woke the next day to the sound of the shower. I walked out into the hall to see Scott's bedroom door wide open and the bathroom door closed.

So he was in the shower. But there was no singing. Absolute silence. Something was definitely wrong.

I knocked on the bathroom door. "Scott?" I said. The shower stopped and I heard the shower curtain move along the railing. Followed by the door opening and Scott standing there a towel around his waist. I looked him up and down, taking in his figure. His arms were as thin as mine now. I could see his rib bones prominently standing in his chest. His skin was a paler white than usual. One of his arms was bruised. I picked up his  hand and lifted it towards my face, to exam the bruises. I looked up at his face. "What did they do to you?" I asked. He stared me dead in the eye. I saw every bad emotion flood his face. He opened and closed his mouth like a fish and I could almost see his mind searching for words. "Um.... Injections.... They took b-blood and yeah..." His voice was hoarse and he stuttered over every word.

I dropped his arm and pulled him in for a hug. "I'm sorry." He said. "For what?" I was astounded. "For using the shower. Did you want to go in?" He said. "No. Don't be sorry. It's your house too. No. I was just worried about you." I stuttered. I let Scott go and he silently walked past me and into his room.

I sat down in front of the TV after getting Starbucks. The theme tune to Spongebob played. At this time on a usual day Scott would come out of his room and sit down next time as we drank our coffee and watched Spongebob together. But no this wasn't a usual day.

I walked up to Scott's door. "Scottland, your coffee is out here." No answer. I pushed the door handle down and swung the door open. Scott was sat on his bed, staring at the wall. I looked at him for a bit but his entire concentration was on that wall.

I walked over and sat down next to him. I looked up at the wall and tried to see what was taking his concentration. The back of our hands were against each other. I moved my hand so I could entwine our fingers together.

Well that drew him out of his trance. He looked down at our hands. Then he looked up at my face. Then back at the wall.

"Are you going to tell me what is so interesting about this wall?" I asked. "The different shades and the cracks and the bumps." He said. I waited for him to continue but Scott only seemed to talk when he was spoken to.

I looked at his face. Studying each and every one of his features. His eyeballs seemed to sink slightly more into his head. His lips were red and cracked. I then realized, he was wearing the same clothes as yesterday.

I got up from where I sat. I was like 99% sure I heard him groan when I let go of his hand. I walked into my room and picked up the suitcase with all of Scott's clothes in. I hadn't put them in his room because I couldn't bare to be in there when he wasn't here. It felt wrong.

I walked back to his room and put the suitcase on his bed. I took every piece of clothing out and put them on hangers. I picked out Scott's cloud sweater and handed it to him.

"Now your coffee is getting cold. I was thinking if you wanted to go out we could go to the beach." I said. Scott nodded in response. I left the room.

Ten minutes later I went back into his room to find Scott in the exact same place that I had left him only with a different sweater on now. "Come on then." I said.

He followed me out the door and got into the car.

The drive from home to the beach was in silence. Not a word was uttered between the two of us.

When we reached the beach I got out of the car immediately and then stopped when I realized Scott wasn't behind me. I turned to see him struggling with opening the door. I walked back over and opened it with ease, later realizing the arm he tried to open the door with was the arm he had the bruises on.

He stepped out of the car, closing the door behind him. The sun hit his face and he stood there soaking it in. He spread his arms out to let it hit as much of his body as possible.

Scott's P.O.V.

I stood in the direct shine of the sun. I let the heat wash over my body and right through me. It felt so good. I hadn't been outside for two months apart from the walk from the hospital to the taxi and from the taxi to our front and it was raining then so.

I realized Mitch was starring at me. I was taking up his time, keeping him waiting. I dropped my arms suddenly and began to walk. "Sorry." I mumbled under my breath. I saw Mitch scowl. "What for?" He said. I didn't know what I was sorry for, maybe just making him wait for me.

"Scott watch out!" I heard knocking me out of my thoughts and making me look up. A man on a bike was just about to hit me. I jumped out of the way, losing my balance and hitting the sand, bringing Mitch down on top of me.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" I blundered. "It's ok. No damage done." Mitch whispered, looking me in the eye. I thought he was going to kiss me. No. Why would he want that? I pushed him off of me and on to his feet and then slowly came to a standing position.

I walked ahead, caught in my thoughts. It's all in your head Scott. He wasn't going to kiss you. Who would want to kiss you? You id- I caught myself. NO! I was not going to let myself go down that path again.

A/N

Hey! Sorry I didn't put this up yesterday my mind wouldn't  let me finish it haha. Anyway what do you think of this kind of filler chapter? I'm not very good at fillers but sure it had to be done.

vote/comment/share/tell a friend

social media

tumblr ciaraturner1310

twitter @1310Ciara