Chapter 12

Mitch's P.O.V.

Kirstie and I didn't talk for the rest of the ride back to the apartment. The silence dragged on, like trying to run your finger through tar on a hot day. I turned the key in the lock and pushed the door open. I was greeted by Wyatt standing in the hallway, looking incredibly mad at me for leaving him over night.

I walked into the sitting room and plopped down on the couch. Kirstie went to the corner of the room and started to pull out the lights and the camera and the tri pod. "What are you doing?" I asked her. "You said you wanted to film for Superfruit. Remember?" She laughed. "I don't know what to do, Kirst. I feel like doing a Q and A, maybe. Do you want to do that?" I asked looking at my phone. She nodded.

I quickly tweeted out: Scott isn't with us today but I've got a special guest to do a Q and A with. Ask us qs using the #AskMitchAndKirstie

The questions flooded in and we were soon trending. So we went through the questions and picked some to answer.

I hit the record button and sat down. "Are you ready?" I asked. "As ready as I 'll ever be." She answered. "Hey welcome to Superfruit the best show on the internet! Wow it feels weird to say that. My name is Mitch." I said laughing. "My name is Kirstie!" She giggled. "And Scott isn't here today but I wanted to film a video because I don't like leaving you guys thirsty." I said. "And I'm here because Mitch is too shy to do an episode by himself." She laughed. "Shy? Bitch please."

We then got onto the questions. We answered loads but it was really hard to ignore the "where's Scott?" questions. So I gave into peer pressure and answered. "Someone asks where's Scott? Umm... well." I paused, thinking of what to say. "You don't have to tell them you know, you could always lie." Kirstie whispered. " No I want to let them know what's going on." I said.

I took a deep breath and continued. "Scott is in the hospital. And before you guys go all ape shit crazy. It's not serious. He's just sick. He should be out soon." And that's all I could get out.

We quickly ended the video. And then I burst into tears. "Hey, Mitchie, don't cry. It's not your fault that he's in there." She said. "I know it's not my fault. But why does it have to be him? Why Scott?" Kirstie looked at me. "I think you're not telling me something." She said. "What do you mean?" "Are you in love with Scott?" She said. I nodded sheepishly. "Oh honey! I knew there was something more to this. I've known since the day you turned up on my door step when you two had that fight and i quote 'he was busy fucking Alex'" She laughed a bit. I leaned into her chest. "I love him." I said.

Scott's P.O.V.

I woke up in a different ward to the one I fell asleep in. I sat up in the bed noticing another lead sticking out of my arm. I looked at them wondering how I had got out of bed and hurt two people without pulling these out of my arm.

I looked up seeing a nurse standing at the end of my bed. "Hi, Scott. My name is Nurse Keane. I will be here if you need anything. Your doctor should be here in a minute." She said turning her back and beginning to walk away. "Wait, can I ask you something?" I said and she nodded. "What are all these leads? When are visiting hours? Where's my phone? And can I see Mitch?" I asked. "Well, you've got an IV drip, putting fluids in. Another one for nourishment. And the new one is pumping that stuff into you that nurses have been injecting you with every so often. Visiting hours are 6-8 in the evening and 1-3 in the afternoon. Your phone is with your clothes which I will bring to you in a minute. And I don't know who Mitch is but I'm guessing he's your boyfriend?" She said.

I snorted at her last remark. "I wish. He's my best friend." I laughed. "You wish?" She said raising her eyebrows. She was really pretty this nurse. She had long golden brown hair. She was short but the heels she was wearing made up for it. "Yeah I wish." I said, "He's my best friend so it's a rule that I can't date, although I wish I could. But he'd never love me like I love him." I continued. This made me sad.

He'll never love you. You're just a piece of shit on the sidewalk. No one will ever love you. You have to get out of this hospital. No they're helping me. No they're not. They're making you worse. Go on, go and beat up stupid Nurse Keane and get out of here. You can do it. "NO!!!" I shouted.

Nurse Keane walked closer to my bed and pressed the button on one of the machines. I watched some greenish liquid slide along the tube.

Stop it Scott. Don't let it touch your veins. It'll kill you. My arms started to pull themselves forward. "Stop!" I shouted.

Nurse Keane grabbed my hands and held them in hers. I squeezed them as tight as I could.

Just hold on five more seconds and they'll stop. No, don't let her stop you. This stuff makes you tired. Are you going to do this for the rest of your life? You id-

Stop. I opened my eyes to stare down at Nurse Keanes hands which were turning purple. I let go of them quickly. "I'm sorry." I said. "It's ok." "NO! It's not ok. I can't stop hurting people!" I said holding my head in my hands. "Don't worry Scott I'll help you." She said and walked out of the room.

I sat there and sobbed until I was drained of all emotion.

A/N

Hey, I am seriously on a roll. I don't know how I'm even finding time to write this anyways. Hope you enjoyed :-)

vote/comment/share/tell a friend

social media

tumblr ciaraturner1310

Twitter @1310Ciara

see you guys soon.