Chapter 21

Scott's P.O.V.  This could be triggering guys sorry!

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bowl and cereal. I poured the milk in and grabbed a spoon. That's when I noticed something red on the floor. When I looked closer, I realized it was blood. It wasn't dry. I put my bowl down on the table and walked into the hall, looking into the mirror on the wall. Well it wasn't me, I couldn't see any blood on my face anyway.

I walked back into the kitchen and looked at my bowl on the table, noticing a bloody fingerprint on it. I looked down at my hands and saw the blood that was starting to congeal on my hand. I pulled up my sweater sleeve. There was a blood stained bandaged on my arm.

Memories of last night started to come back to me. The nightmares, I had to make them stop. flashback... I had opened my eyes and was awake but I kept seeing it. The gun being held to his head. And the sound of a cracking. And my strangled scream of his name. I couldn't take this anymore. It had to end. I relied totally on Mitch being here for me and he probably doesn't need me. He probably hates me. I had to make things normal for him. He didn't need to look after me anymore. I walked to the bathroom in an almost zombie like state. I pulled the razors out of my shaver and slid down the wall. I held them to my wrist and began to cut. I didn't want to go too deep to start with. I heard Mitch call my name. My mind flashed to back when we were in high school. Mitch was being bullied. He was bullied for being gay. He was bullied because of his voice. He got severely depressed. One day I went into the school bathrooms, looking for him. I called his name. I opened one of the stalls to see him sitting on the floor, razor in hand, blood on the floor. I let out a strangled cry at the memory. I couldn't do this. He was my best friend and the pain of the memory of that day brought me back to my senses. end flashback

I ripped the bandage off my arm. Pulling the sweater over my head and throwing it in a pile on the floor, I walked to the sink. I turned the tap and let the water flow over my arm. This was a bad idea because it stung like hell. "Ahhhh!" I let a sound of pain.

I heard a crash in the hall, something hit the floor and then I heard footsteps running towards me. "Scott, what are you doing?" It was Mitch. I turned to see him grab a tea towel. "I was just-" I started. He grabbed my arm roughly and started to put pressure on the cuts. "You're not supposed to put water directly on it. You should've waited for me to get home." he said. He moved my hand so it was holding the towel. He then reached up to pull the first aid kit down. "I'm sorry." I said. "Oh honey, it's not your fault. You weren't to know." "No, not for this for making you find me like- like that last night." He sat me down on a chair pulling a roll of bandage out. "I did it to you... all those years ago." He said concentrating on wrapping the bandage around my arm.

I suddenly became aware of how very topless I was. Usually this wouldn't bother me but since I was in hospital I had lost a lot of weight. You could see my ribs and my collarbone protruding through my skin. I turned very red and looked down. "You're beautiful." Mitch said. How the hell did he always know what I was thinking.

"All done." He said looking up at my face which was now concentrating completely on him. The room became very silent. We were caught in each others gaze. My eyes flicked down to his lips and then  back to his eyes. My mind turned to jelly.

"I wish I could kiss you right now." My hand slapped over my mouth. Did I really just say that? I averted my eyes from his glance. I looked down at my lap hoping the silence would seem like I didn't say anything.

I suddenly felt Mitch's hand on my chin. He lifted my head. "Why don't you then?" He said. "Because I'm scared." I said. Our eyes locked again. "You know, Scott, it's ok to be scared. But if you don't take a risk and face your fears you could miss an amazing opportunity." "But what if I fuck up?" I said. "Then you start again."

"I'm not very good at starting again."  "I guessed that Scottie, but I will help you." "Ok then." I said. I began to lean in. My hand traveling up to his face. I leaned in until our lips touched.

Our lips moulded together like they were made for each other. At this moment in time it was like no one else in the world existed. Nothing mattered but us. All the worries and fears of the past two months flew away.

We pulled away from one another both breathless. "See you didn't fuck up." Mitch said. I giggled. Mitch looked at me surprised. "Wow that sounds good to hear." He said. I laughed out loud now. And once I started I couldn't stop. I laughed until I began to cry. Mitch was laughing now too.

I looked at him still laughing. But soon I was silenced by Mitch pressing his lips against mine again. My heart leaped from my chest. I sighed into the kiss. Mitch pulled away. "What was that for?" He asked. "I dunno, this just feels right." And it did feel right. For the first time in forever something felt right.

A/N

Hey hey you you! Hope you liked this chapter. Things are starting to feel right :-)

comment/vote/share/tell a friend

social media

tumblr ciaraturner1310

twitter @1310Ciara