Chapter 27

three months later

Mitch's P.O.V.

I rolled over in bed to see Scott staring at the ceiling. "Morning beautiful." I said. He nodded back at me. I knew he would be like this today. Today was the last day of the court case. The court case had been running for three months now. It was all going perfectly. They found CCTV footage of inside the hospital. The nurses and doctors had owned up. But today was the day that they would get charged. That meant that Scott had to go into court. He had to see his abusers. I mean he had been in court with them on other occasions but he is still terrified.

I then noticed a tear slip down his cheek. "Hey, everything is going to be alright." I comforted him, holding him in my arms. "I know. But I'm just scared Mitch. I'm scared. What if something goes wrong? What if they let them off?" He cried. "You listen to me. They will not let them off. And if they do I will personally see to them being beat to the ground until they can't move." I said looking him in the eyes. "Thanks Mitchie." He said giving me a sad smile and a quick peck on the lips.

We drove to the court house. One hand of mine on the steering wheel, the other in Scott's. I pulled up in the parking lot and Scott's grip tightened. "I'm not going anywhere. I'll be right here with you." I said kissing the back of his hand before letting go to get out of the car.

We sat in the court room in silence, Scott's hand still clamped onto mine. That's when the judge walked out. We stood. We sat. And then he began his drone. On and on. It was enough to send me to sleep.

Everything seemed to be going great until they invited a suspect up to the stand. "Judge," It was a man. Tall, thin and short brown hair. "I am here to ask you a question." Oh here we go. They're going to try and loop hole out of this. The judge nodded signalling him to continue. "Can you explain the cuts on Mr Hoyings wrists?" He finished. Scott gasped and clenched his jaw. I stood up. "What does this have to do with anything?!" I said angrily. They had no right to bring that up. "Mr Grassi sit down." The judge said to me. He turned back to the man at the stand. "Continue please." "What I am trying to say sir is that, Mr Grassi has not left Mr Hoyings side for any of the court arrangements. He has been involved in everything Scott says and I'm sorry if I'm wrong but it doesn't seem that Mr Grassi is any type of lawyer. I was wondering if all of this is a stint. Whether Mr Grassi has been the one abusing Mr Hoying. And has claimed that the hospital staff were the abusers to cover up what he has done and get some money out of it?" The man finished. I was stunned. How could he think something like that?

That's when Scott stood up. "I object!" He shouted. The whole crowd gasped. Scott had barely said a word in all of his court sessions so this was a surprise. "I'm sorry but I don't understand. Are you trying to say that my best friend. My boyfriend. Abused me?" He laughed loudly walking to the front of the room. "If you think that this kind, amazing man would ever think of laying a finger on anyone let alone me than you've got another thing coming. Do you want to know the reason I've got cuts on my arms? I t's because after I got out of that hospital I turned into a mute. I didn't speak. I was terrified. And you know what I still am. It's been six months since I went in there. And can I tell you something I've only sung once since I came out. Do you know how weird that is for me? Do you know how much my life has gone on hold? But Mitch has stood by me every step of the way and if you even think that he was the one who did this to me than boy you are so wrong. So so wrong!" He turned to the man sitting in the seat behind him. "I love him. And I know he loves me!" He said poking the man in the chest. The judge coughed snapping back to reality. "Mr Hoying can you please sit down." Scott slouched back to his seat tears streaming down his face. I wrapped him into my arms.

The judge cleared his throat. "Since there is no evidence to Mitch abusing Scott and there is plenty of evidence that the abuse took place in the hospital. We will not take into account the statement you have just made." He pointed at the man in the seat, who's face fell. "I declare a life prison sentence to the nurses and doctors of LA psychiatric solitary confinement ward." He finished hitting the gavel against the table.

Scott looked up from my chest. I wiped the tears off of his face with my thumb. The court room began to clear out as police officers escorted the prisoners out of the court room. "We're gonna go home now Scott." I whispered.

We left the court hand in hand. When I got in the car my phone began to ring. I answered it putting it on speaker. "Hey, Kirst." I said. "Hey Mitchie. How's Scott?" She said. "I'm good." Scott said. "Ok guys. I've- I've got something to tell you." She sounded so excited. Like she'd won the lottery or something. "I saw the doctor today!" She said. "And...." Scott said. "I'm having a boy!" She squealed. "Oh my God! Kirstie that's amazing!" I said. "Congratulations!" Scott squealed. "Oh wait! You had your court thingy today didn't you? How did it go?" She said. "Yeah it was good. They got sentenced. Everything went fine." Scott failed to mention every detail. "Get your butts over to my house!" She said then hung up.

I sighed starting the engine. "What was that for?" Scott asked. "I'm just happy that's all." I answered. He leaned over the dashboard and kissed my cheek. "What was that for?" I asked. "I'm just happy that's all." Scott mocked. I hit his arm playfully and began to drive. Yep I was just happy that's all.

A/N

Hey! I'm better. I'm not sick and I'm happy and yay!

well yesterday was rather eventful wasn't it. Rather be and Superfruit! Scott also followed me on twitter which was the best thing in the world! So much Scomiche at the moment. Poor Esther!

vote/comment/share/tell a friend

social media

tumblr ciaraturner1310

twitter @1310Ciara