Chapter 25

Mitch's P.O.V.

I secured the camera on the tripod, making sure the lights were in the right place. I hadn't done this in a while but I was surprised how quickly it all came back to me. Scott wasn't up yet but I wasn't going to forget about what he asked me last night. I hoped he would still want to do it still.

It hadn't occurred to me until I woke up this morning that maybe I was actually hearing Scott sing last night. I would ask him after we filmed today.

"Hey sleepy head." I said to Scott who had appeared in the doorway rubbing his eyes. I walked over to him and ran my hands through his hair. "You look beautiful in the morning." I said resting my forehead against his. I could see the blush appearing on his face. "You do too." Scott said pressing his lips against mine.

"I'm going to go and have a shower." He said. God his morning voice was so hot. "And then we can film." He finished. I internally squealed. Why was I so excited about this?

I grabbed my laptop and began to scroll through tumblr. I was laughing out loud. I really do love tumblr. That was until I stopped on a post. It was one of those posts about self harm and mental illness. One of those posts that no matter what blogs you follow end up on your dash. It was gifs of someone cutting their wrists. I looked down at my arms and saw the faint white scars that were there. They had almost disappeared but I knew they were there. They would always be there. I kept scrolling until I reached the gif of a boy sitting sitting on a bed rocking back and forth his hands over his ears. I thought of when I found Scott on the bed in the motel. I shut down my laptop screen quickly pushing it away from me.

I heard Scott appear in the doorway. I blinked and looked up at him. "Are you ready?" I asked. "As ready as I'll ever be." He said sitting down along my side. He intertwined my fingers with his. Our hands were out of shot.

"1, 2, 3" Scott said taking a deep breath. "Hey!" We said together. "Welcome to Superfruit, the best show on the internet. My name is Scott." "And my name is Mitch. And together we haven't made a video in like five hundred years but hey we're back." I finished giggling. I could see that Scott was biting his tongue. He was holding back an 'I'm sorry.'

We did a pop culture update. It wasn't a very long video but by the time we had finished it we were acting as if none of the shit of the past couple of months had happened. That was until the goodbyes.

I stopped when Scott didn't let go of my hand to say goodbye. He froze suddenly. "C'mon you can do this. You don't even have to sing." I said encouraging him. His head turned to look at me. "But I want to sing. I want to not freeze the second I have to sing in front of you or anyone else for that matter." He said. "Give it time Scott. You will be able to do it soon." I reached over and turned the camera off.

"It's been two months, Mitch." "And it could be two more. But we will handle it." There was silence for a while. "I know you can do it." I broke the silence. He leaned in and pressed his lips against mine. I immediately began to kiss him back. I pushed my hand against his chest. I pushed him to a laying position, straddling his waist. I tried to deepen the kiss by running my tongue against his bottom lip. He pulled his head back and lifted me off him.

He stood up and started walking towards his bedroom. "I'm sorry. I can't." He said closing the door behind him.

"Scott." I said knocking on his now locked door. "It doesn't matter. It's my fault." I continued. "I shouldn't of tried to do it. That stupid fucking nurse. I'm going to kill them. Scott, please answer me." He stayed silent but I could hear him breathing on the other side of the door.

I heard a knock on the door. "I'll be back." I said running to the front door. I opened it to see Alex standing there. "Fuck off!" I said trying to slam the door in his face. I came off a bit strong but he was the last person I wanted at our door right now.

Alex was a lot stronger than me and pushed the door open to walk into our apartment. "Mitch, who is it?" Scott asked turning the corner. He must of heard me. He stopped in his tracks when he saw Alex. "What are you doing here?" He shouted. "Kirstie told me about you being in hospital." Alex said calmly. "Get out!" Scott shouted. "I'm sorry, Scott. I should never have broke up with you.2 He said reaching out to grab Scott's arm.

I jumped in front of him as Scott pulled his arm away. "Oh no you don't." I said. "What's that on your arm?" Alex asked. Scott's sleeve had rolled up his arm to show the scabbed cuts. Scott froze. "Is he really making you that depressed?" Alex asked looking past me. "Shut the fuck up!" Scott said pushing passed me and squaring Alex up.

"Ha! I knew there was something going on between you guys." He said. "So what if there is? I love him!" Scott retaliated. Alex eyes began to fill with water. "Yeah! That's what I thought. So you cheated on me." Alex cried. "No! I am not that type of person! Don't you dare- Just get out of my fucking house!" Scott screamed pushing him out the door.

He slid down the closed door. I walked over and knelt in front of him. I softly kissed him. "Fuck him! I love you too." I said. "Mitch, can we get drunk tonight?" He asked. He had a dead look in his eyes. "Of course we can." I said.

A/N

Hi hi. Hope you enjoyed. I'm sick so I had time to think but I was not planning on Alex coming on to the scene! It just kinda happened.

vote/comment/share/tell a friend

social media

tumblr ciaraturner1310

twitter @1310Ciara