Atalanta x Fem! Reader

You sighed as you looked down at the piece of paper in front of you and the pen in your hand. You were a well known poet throughout Greece, but you were a female. No one knew this though, only your family did which is why they allowed you to not marry someone until you found the right person. You lived in the city of Athens where life was tough for a female. You weren't allowed to have an education, only men were. You couldn't even go out into public without a man by your side! You hated it here. The only reason you knew how to read was because your father secretly taught you. The only reason he did was because he saw how much stronger and smarter you are than all of your brothers and you instantly because his favorite. You weren't allowed to have your own house until you married so you lived with your oldest brother, Basil. 

He knew of how you were a poet and loved the idea of this so he encouraged you to write every idea that comes to your head and make a story about it. He would even suggest ideas and stories to you was well. You mostly wrote about female heroes and warriors though. You wanted to show that women can be as strong as men and do everything a man can. That was your message, your whole meaning of life. You have studied human behavior for your whole life and understood that women can be just as good of warriors as men and can be just as smart as well. This is when you heard the story of Atalanta. You became overwhelmed with excitement and emotion that you wanted to scream out in excitement and jumped around with your hands in the air, but you didn't. You tried to stay calm instead.

You began to quickly pack your things to go out and meet her. Of course the journey would be very treacherous, but it would be worth it to you. You just had to meet this woman, you just had to! Your brother walked into your room and looked at you in shock. "What are you doing?" He asked you as he ran over and grabbed your wrist. "I gotta go and find Atalanta and hear her story from her!" You said as you glared at your brother. He sighed and looked at you with pleading eyes. "Please just stay here, it's safer. In those woods, there are terrible beasts and the woods are only meant for the gods, please don't do this!" He pleaded, but it fell on deaf ears. You shook him off and walked to the bag on your bed as you began to walk out of the room. "I have to do this." You said softly.

He grabbed your wrist once again and you turned back to face him. "At least let me guide you to the forest. You know you aren't allowed out in public without a man." He said softly. You smiled and nodded and took your hand in his before you two headed off into society where he led you through the city and to the edge of it where the forest was. He turned to you and you faced him and looked into his eyes. "I'll miss you." You said softly. Tears welled up in his eyes as he smiled down at you before hugging you tightly. "I'll miss you even more sister." He said with sadness in his voice. "Don't be sad, we will see each other soon again." You said softly. He nodded and hugged you one last time before you headed off into the woods.

You walked through the forest for weeks, hunting rabbits for food since you couldn't catch anything else. As you stumbled through the woods you found a small stream in a clearing and smiled as you walked up to it for a drink. The banks of the stream were a little steep and covered in green moss and leaves, but you could reach your hand down to get some water in your palm to drink. As you enjoyed the water you didn't realize the centaur watching you from behind a tree until he stepped out. 

You looked over at him and was shocked to see him. He smirked and strode up to you as you stumbled away from him. "How cute." He said softly and almost stomped on your leg, but you moved it just in time. He chuckled and grabbed your arm and pulled you up to meet his eyes. "I want you to be my future wife." He said. "I-I don't want to be your wife though." You said, fear in your voice. He laughed heartily and looked into your eyes. "You have no choice in this matter." He said as he began to drag you away. 

You struggled in his grip, squirming and screaming to make him let you go. He ignored your cries though and trotted away from the stream, until he screamed out in pain and looked behind him. That's when you saw a girl with a bow and arrows in her hand as she glared at the beast. "Let her go." She growled and aimed another arrow at him. He glared at her and gripped on your arm tightly. "I'm never letting her go." He growled before howling in pain once again as an arrow in him in the leg. He snarled and fell to the ground before trying to stand up. He ultimately failed at this though and was forced to let you go. You smiled at the girl who helped you and asked for her name. "It's Atalanta." She said with a kind smile.

Your eyes widened in shock at this and you gasped. "I've been looking for you!" You said as you jumped in excitement. She giggled and took your hand before kissing it. "I didn't realize a beautiful girl like yourself would be looking for me." She said and you blushed before looking down shyly. "I'm an author in Athens, I've been wanting to write about your heroic tale of the boar, so I set out on a journey to find you and hear it." You said softly and she smiled and giggled. "I would be happy to tell you about it. Why don't we go to my house to tell about it?" She said and you nodded as you two headed back to her house.

You have been staying with her for a month now and she has become obsessed with you. She loves everything about you and thinks you're the most perfect thing on this Earth. She wishes to hold you and kiss you, but she doesn't know how you would feel about that. She sighed as she looked down at the floor before she heard her name from the sweet voice she loves to hear. "Atalanta, are you okay?" You spoke softly. She blushed and looked up at you before smiling. "Yes, why wouldn't I be?" She said and stood up, walking over to you. You smiled and nodded before hugging her. She hugged you back tightly before looking into your eyes and leaning close to you. 

You blushed at this as you realized what she was going to do and kissed her first. She was a bit shocked, but was happy. She kissed you back with passion and love as she leaned you against the wall. After that you two had gotten married and lived together. She was very over protective though and wouldn't allow you to talk to anyone else, but her, but you loved her anyways and was glad to spend the rest of your life with her.