Nokken X Reader

You were raised in Germany with your parents out in the woods. It was nice being out there alone with them, you were the only child since your mom couldn't have anymore children after you or she could die. You walked through the house and to the kitchen where your mother was. By this time you had just turned seven so you were excited about this. "Mama, can I go into the woods?" You asked with puppy eyes. She giggled and ruffled your hair. "Of course you can, just take the silver cross and the needle. Don't forget the rhyme either." She said and you nodded. "Yes mama." You said and walked off. It was believed that multiple Nokkens lived in these woods so your mom liked to be extra careful whenever you went out of the house. Your family believed in the old fables and stories about mythical creatures here because your mother said she once saw a Nokken, but was able to escape it. You always idolized her for this and wished to be just like your mom one day. 

You grabbed a silver cross that was laying on your nightstand before grabbing a small sewing needle that was in the living room. You walked out the door after putting shoes on and walked into the forest that surrounded your house. You always spent your days in these forest when you're not at school. It was nice to be out here once again, running through the trees without a care in the world. A smile graced your face as you came to a small pond with a tiny waterfall that led to a stream. You walked over to it and took off your shoes before walki9ng into the pond, pulling up your long blue dress so it wouldn't get wet. You let the water run between your toes as you stood on the slippery pebbles, ignoring everything around you while closing your eyes, just listening to the birds in the trees as they sung their lovely songs.

This is what you loved about these woods. It was always peaceful, and the birds were always singing in a sweet tune that just send waves of pleasure down your spine. It was nice to finally be here, it's been a while since you've been at this pond. You giggled and splashed around in the water, laughing and smiling, having a great time, until you spotted something in the water. It seemed to be to top part of a horses head as its glowing eyes stared at you with intent, it's ears perked up while it watched you. When it noticed that you saw it, it quickly submerged itself underwater, leaving no trace that it was there. You stared at where the horse used to be for a few moments in shock, trying to filter in what you just saw. Maybe it was your imagination? Who knows, oh! A salamander! You quickly forgot about it seeing the small amphibian by your feet laying still. You smiled brightly and quickly snatched it in your hands, proud of your catch. You giggled as your eyes sparkled with joy when seeing the tiny creature, something that made his heart go ablaze.

He had never realized that a Nokken could fall in love with a human, it made him feel different from other Nokkens. He realized you spotted him earlier on which made him panic and dive under, but was glad that you didn't pay no mind and went back to playing afterwards. You were so innocent, so sweet, he wanted to take it away. 

You were now 18 and ready to move out of the house. You had just got an apartment in the city, but couldn't move in until next week. You decided to go out to the pond to spend some time there. Once at the pond you sat down in the grass and looked at the beauty of it. This place always soothed you, no matter what, it has always been your safe place. You sighed in content and leaned your head back, looking at the sky. It was a beautfiul day, you were glad for that. You heard something in the was and looked over to see a man sitting on the water. He was quite handsome too, but he gave you a bad feeling. You were going to trust your gut on this one. 

He smiled at you, but you didn't smile back. This made him frown, but you didn't care, you didn't trust this guy. He stood up on the water and began to walk up to where you were. You quickly backed away from him as he stepped out of the pond and onto the shore. "Come here." He said softly as he motioned for you to come over. You shook your head no and backed away from the pond until your back hit a tree. He stood up from the water and walked towards you, only causing you to freak out. His eyes saddened at your panic and once he was right in front of you he started to caress your cheek. "Let's go home." He said softly with a gentle smile. This made you calm down slightly as you got a better look at his face. He was handsome with beautiful red hair and charming blue eyes with some freckles on his face.

You were surprised at how handsome he was, you felt attracted and entranced to his features. You slowly relaxed and leaned against the tree to get some distance away from him. He smiled when seeing you finally relax and sat down beside you. "Hey," He said with his ocean blue eyes staring at you. "H-hey," You muttered and looked down at the ground. He chuckled and grabbed your chin, forcing you to face him. "No need to be shy around me," He said softly as he smiled down at you. You blushed softly and looked at him with awestruck eyes. How was he charming you so good when you were terrified of him a minute ago? "Why don't you come with me into the lake?" He asked and slowly you nodded, not knowing anything else to do. He smirked at this and stood up while taking your hand in his and guiding you into the pond, before you could get away though it was too late...