Hades X Reader

It was a beautiful morning, the sun shining down on the campus as students walked around, hanging out or trying to get to their classes. You were one of these people. You were a freshman in college and you were excited. You had gotten into Harvard to become a Historian, your dream job since the age of five. You've always loved  history and always studies it, especially the ancient Greek times. That era is your favorite time to study. You love the mythology and the culture, sure the culture was VERY weird, but it was unique, that's why you liked it. Your favorite god in Greek mythology was hades, he was the only responsible god that didn't cheat on his wife and there is even evidence that his three headed dog is named Spot. 

You sighed and checked your messages for the tenth time this morning. You were waiting for your boyfriend to respond to your good morning text like he always does. His name was Ryan and he was your dream guy. You two were close and told each other everything. It was nice that you finally met someone as passionate about history as you, this person was of course Ryan, but he hasn't texted you this morning and you were getting worried. You jumped when someone touched your shoulder as you walked. You turned around to see your best friend, Kai. You've known him since childhood and he's been your best friend since. "Don't scare me like that." You said and glared at him, to which he just laughed. "Calm down, you don't have to be so harsh." He said and chuckled. "It's almost summer break, aren't you happy about that?" 

"Of course I am, I just don't like to be scared." You responded and put your phone away after glancing down at it once again. He furrowed his eyebrows when you did this. "Has Ryan not responded to your good morning text? I remember last time he didn't you were this on edge." Kai said and you slowly nodded. "It's just concerning, I know last time he just overslept, but today he hasn't said anything for an hour, last time it was only thirty minutes." You said, anxiety and nervousness in your voice. You were scared of what might have happened to him, it wasn't like him to keep you waiting. "I'm sure he's fine, okay?" Kai said, placing a hand on your shoulder. You nodded and smiled at him. "Thanks, maybe I just worry too much." You muttered which made him chuckle and nod. 

After a while you two finally made it to your class, but today there was a new guy in the class. He must have transferred classes, but why this late into the semester? Who knows, but you had to admit he was pretty cute. He sat beside you and looked at you with a nervous smile. "H-hey, my name is M-Mike, what's yours?" He asked to which you smiled and looked at him. "It's (y/n), it's nice to meet you Mike." You said, placing your hand out for him to shake. He smiled and softly shook it. After that you two talked for a bit and got to know each other. He was a pretty sweet guy, you liked him. He was very shy though, probably because it's his first time in this class. The teacher can be rude and stern if you aren't paying attention, but you always are.

Finally the class was over and you walked out, Mike following close behind as you two walked to the cafeteria. The whole way there though you could feel eyes on you. It unsettled you, but you paid no mind to it. You two sat down at a table and took out your lunches. It was nice to sit with him and chat about whatever. You guys mostly just talked about history since apparently you both are gonna become Historians. After a while you heard your phone buzz. You picked it up and noticed it was from Ryan's mom. It was odd that she would call you at this time. Was it about Ryan? You didn't know, but it scared you.

You answered and put the phone to your ear. "Hello?" You said in a soft tone, but not before long you heard sobbing from the other end. "Have you heard the news?" The older woman asked as she sniffled and sobbed. This made you worry as you began to panic on the inside. "No, what's going on?" You asked, a frown on your face as you caught sight of Mike who was watching you nervously. "It's Ryan, he died in a car accident this morning." She said, bursting into tears once again, but at this point you were frozen in shock. You couldn't believe this, your boyfriend, soon to be fiancé, had died in a car accident this morning. You tried to think, maybe this was a joke, but why would his mother do something so cruel, she was a sweet old woman. You clutched onto the table, tears rolling down your cheeks and off your chin as you listened to her cries. 

It has been a week since Ryan's death and the funeral was held already, but you felt empty inside. You and Mike have been talking more and soon became friends with benefits. You just wanted to fuck away the pain and he understood, but who didn't understand was your best friend, Kai. He had been keeping a closer eye on you than usual and would even show up at your house in the middle of the night with a bunch of food to comfort you. It was sweet of him, but last night he caught Mike in your bed and freaked out, yelling and cussing when he saw this. He was pretty pissed and you didn't know why. Did he like you as more than a friend? You didn't know, but it worried you since you were starting to like Mike. You weren't ready for a relationship yet, maybe in a few months you will be ready, right now you just needed comfort. That's where Mike came in and helped you. 

Today you had decided to not show up to class and just relax for the day. You just wanted to get your mind off of things and not think about stuff. You were in your room watching Netflix when you heard someone knock on your door. You sighed and got up, slowly making your way and opening the door, only to see Kai there with a soft smile on his face. "Hey, you didn't show up to class so I wanted to come and see you." He said in a soft tone.

You smiled at this and hugged him. "You're a great friend, you know that?" You said as he wrapped his arms around you, hugging you back tightly. "I want to be more than friends though..." He muttered, hoping you wouldn't hear, but of course you did. You looked at him before looking down. "I don't know if that can happen, I'm sorry." You said softly as you looked down. He held onto you tighter, a pissed off look appearing on his face. "I do everything for you! And yet you give me nothing in return! Nothing!" He yelled with tears streaming down his face. You frowned at this and could feel your heart breaking for him. "I'm sorry, I just don't see you the same way, I only see you as a friend." You said softly before he grabbed your write and pulled you back into a hug. "Then I will have to force you to feel the same way." He growled, the earth around them bursting into flames. You began to shake and panic as this happened, but he only smirked as a black carriage with black horses appeared beside you two. "Let's go home." He muttered, shoving you into the carriage as he followed behind, taking you to an unknown place, but once you saw where it was, you instantly knew, the stories of Greek Mythology were true, your best friend was Hades, god of the underworld...