Chapter 22; Stars ★

"Whatcha doing?" She stood in front of him, hands behind her back and she smiled coyly, shaking her body slightly left to right. He looked up to look at her face then faced away once again, staring at the ocean, a beautiful sunset about to start.

"Wow, you promise me remember?" She sat down beside him, butt in the sand and her legs were bent in a standing position, arms resting on her knee and she faced the boy. "What happened to the 'being nice'?" She said, pinching a bit of sand and throwing it on his hand just slightly.

"I would've shooed you away if I wasn't being nice." He said, eyes still focused on the ocean, pink, red, yellow, orange, blue, all the shades and hues were mixed in one very sky. The clouds hugged themselves, creating various forms that you could make any shape out of it. Sunlight dimmed just so lightly that it doesn't hurt your eyes anymore, fading down as it kisses the water.

The sound of birds chirping reminded him of his old hometown, everything was peaceful and quiet. He missed it. He missed how he'd stretch himself in the morning air, going for a walk and picking flowers that landed on his direction. It had been quite a while.

"You like it?" She asked, taking in how he had his focus on it so long. He turned to her, waiting for her to say what she wanted to ask.

"You like the sunset?" She asked. "I miss my memories." He turned away, and remained in his previous position. "What kind?" She tilted her head, drawing circles in the sand. "..."

"You can say it, I won't rat you out or anything." She smiled, lifting her hand from the sand and rested her head sideways onto her arms, leaning closer to him as she listens to him speak.

"Let's say I wasn't very rich before. And I miss it, I never lived in a mansion or had any maids but I was free. I was happy." He smiled faintly. A smile she had never seen him express, it was always a smirk, never had she saw a decent smile swipe across his lips. It was a small detail, but it was cute.

"Did you live on a farm?" She asked. "How'd you know?" His eyes widened a slight bit at the beginning of her sentence, facing the girl. "Just a feeling." She sighs. "I like to watch the stars." She stated. "The hell does that have to do with anything?" He said, furrowing his brows and she chuckled. "You opened up. So why not tell you things about myself too?"

He said nothing but smile just very slightly. "Since you're not saying anything. I like to watch the stars because I feel safe."

"And if you're wondering why, I have no idea. Something about it makes me feel safe and protected. A feeling of nostalgia. It's like a blanket that wraps around the earth and every living creature on it. I sometimes like to think that they sparkle just for me." She looks back at him, waiting for a reply or at least a reaction. "Not to break your little bubble but stars sparkle for everyone." He stated.

"Nope. They sparkle stronger for me." She replied, empathizing the 'p' to make it pop. "You're unbelievable." He shakes his head, a small grin on his face.

"If you don't believe me, you'll have to wait until it's darker to see it light up when I'm around."

"Wanna kill time by playing Rock Paper Scissors, slap?" She smiled brightly, almost demanding the boy to play with her. "..."

"How about this, every time you win you get to hit me, and every time I win, I get to choose what to do. But once only."

She raised a brow. "That doesn't sound fair at all."

"No it is, you get to hurt me every time you win but here's the plot. It's gonna be record in three turns, if you manage to win all three rounds then you get to hit me twice the amount, meaning you get to hit me six times."