Chapter 24; Drunk

"Stay." He said, arms resting on his knees and back hunching a slight bit. His hair was slightly dangled, giving him a messy look, eyes piercing through her head. She froze in her spot and felt blood rush to her face, her fingers twitching slightly and she says, "o-okay."

'What's up with the mood swings, seriously.' She thought, sitting down next to the older and she had her hands politely laid on her thighs, pulling the hem down slightly.

He turns his head towards hers, slightly lowered and his eyes hovered around her face. "When are you gonna cut your bangs?" He asks, staring at her covered eyes, one brow raised in curiosity. "I don't really have the time to." She blinks and pushes her bangs away from her eyes, grinning slightly as both her cheeks grows crimson. Her bangs have grown awfully too long, reaching her lashes and down to her pupils, it almost touched her eyeballs. She thought of cutting them once or twice but things kept going in the way and she just never had the chance to trim them.

"Answer me honestly, are they your real eye colors?" He questions again, leaning in to take a good look at her pupils. "Yeah. My mom said my grandfather had the same eye color but his children had no sign of his genes. He died late in his thirties and no one really knew why. Then I was born and I guess he passed it down to me." She lied. She bluntly lied, not bothering to bicker like she normally did. He inches closer, eyeing her eyes as if they were the stars that engraved in the very sky he lived below everyday.

He pauses. The gaze that were once on her eyes travelled down to her lips, analyzing her face, from her slender bare neck to her cheekbones, carved into a line of framing her face. Then to her ears, one that had a piercing, carrying a small pearl that penetrated into her earlobe. From there to her nose, pointy yet soft looking, the bridge straightens the thin line from the start of her eyes to her very tip, to her lashes that shelters the hair away from her vision. Then back to her stunning eyes. He licks his lips.

"You're fucking gorgeous." He shakes his head, leaning in to kiss the girl as he reaches his hand out to caress her neck and head, his chest had pulled into hers like a magnet as if it couldn't be torn apart even if you broke them. And he wasn't lying at all when he had said what he said, she was the most beautiful thing he had seen in his life. Never has he adored her personality and fierce attitude so much, the very one that couldn't be brought down even if she was threatened or in fear. The very one that fought back to him even when no one dared to, and that's the thing. Even if someone did have such a behavior like hers, he wouldn't let that person live, but just something about this girl had made him grow and adapt to her mood swings and annoyingly adorable act.

He couldn't care less if she looked like Shrek, she was truly something you don't lose and someone you won't ever want to lose. As special as she is, the feeling of so called 'infatuation' wasn't so familiar for him. He had never, and he means, never experienced this before. It was rather strange because whenever she was around he could feel his head automatically turning to her direction, even if he tried to stop himself, there was always a way for her to get his attention drawn to her. Her annoying voice that pierces his eardrums has turned into a melody of beauty and joy, the bickering tune and whines that were always being screamed into his face made him feel like he still had a meaning to smile when something felt wrong. It felt like everything would be okay if she was around. And he didn't know why. He wondered maybe if it was because of how she would light whatever room she was in with just herself or how she would always bring the good out even in the worst. Maybe it was something he so desperately needed in his life. Maybe he needed her, and maybe that was why he was chasing after her without knowing why.

He felt his heart drop to the floor whenever she was with him, his stomach acting as if he was on a rollercoaster when he was just trying to pull an ice cream lever. His chest grew flowers, each petal had grown from the bottom of his heart that had beat a thousand miles per second for the girl, the leaves that clung to the flower had been watered from the amount of gulps he had taken when he was with her. The heat that kept the flower safe was from the hotness of his cheeks and body, one that grew hotter and hotter whenever she slightly glazed her skin against his. The light and energy that helped bloom the flower was from her, the energetic and positive mood had changed how he acted also. She had changed him into the good, even if it was just a moment of affection, he felt the bliss of positivity and safety. In fact, even though he was protective of her well being, he only thought it was a payback for the protection she had made him feel. She protected him in a way and he did the same. In a way he couldn't explain.