Chapter 7

Hi,

Finally.... I am ready with chapter 7 which is dedicated to @Alexis471 :)

Pic on the side is of >>>>

*****

There is a saying in Tibetan,

'Tragedy should be utilized as

a source of strength.'

No matter what sort of

difficulties, how painful

experience is, if we lose our

hope, that's our real disaster.

-Dalai Lama XIV

EVERETT P.O.V

Racing through the trees, I ran as fast as I could in my wolf form, ignoring the wind rushing past my ears. I think I’ve been running for nearly an hour or so now. My wolf, even though was dying with thirst, refused to stop anywhere.

The only time I stopped was to crane my neck and howl loudly to connect with Templar’s wolf. Unfortunately, I didn’t earn any response from that howl either. But my head was pounding very badly. It started pounding the moment I shifted. However, I was trying my best to ignore it.

I continued running. I was still at least two hours away from Templar and it was upsetting me. I wondered where she is. What is she doing?

I missed Templar so much. My wolf slowed his pace and made a mewling sound. I was afraid thinking what was happening to her. How difficult it might be for her wolf? She has crossed nearly five packs on her feet, without anything to eat or drink. How exhausted she must be? I gulped and stopped running. Lowering my head, I closed my eyes and let a drop of tear escape.

Since I didn’t want to waste my time crying, I took a deep breath and composed myself. I inhaled deeply to find Templar’s scent, however it was gone. Shaking my head, I looked up and once again howled loudly.

The howl was filled in concern and my wolf was begging for her to respond. The pain in my head skyrocketed but I slowly raised my front paw and patted my own head softly. While doing so, I waited patiently for a whole minute and when there was no response, I took off.

Terence and January were repeatedly trying to contact but I had blocked them out because the pain in my head would increase the moment, I talked to them. This was one appalling headache.

I halted, when the vision in front of me started turning hazy. At first I thought I was crying, but then as I closed my eyes and opened them, I didn’t feel any tears rolling down. I lowered my pounding head which was now whirling.

Shifting back, I held my head in my hands hoping it would lessen the pain, but nothing worked. I was tired, exhausted and so was my wolf. As my mouth turned dry, I desperately wanted water.

Crouching on the ground, I gently placed an unsteady hand on my pounding temples. I knew I have to make myself strong but I didn’t have any energy for it. I was feeling as weak as a kitten.

It was then I realized that I was feeling Templar’s pain. She was not well. She needed my help.

That thought gave me enough stamina to shift back, however that was a mistake. I drifted in and out of awareness for few minutes before darkness welcomed me.

When I recovered consciousness, I was in a bed. More like a hospital bed. Except for the pain in my head, I was perfectly fine. My wolf.... he... he was terribly weak. He was whining and refusing to give me enough strength. Templar... It was all Templar's pain.