Chapter 16

Dedicated to @lamelikethat :)

And now, dear readers, the moment you have been waiting for….

Pic on the side is of>>>

****

“The line between good and evil is permeable and almost anyone can be induced to cross it when pressured by situational forces.”

Philip Zimbardo

TEMPLAR P.O.V

The temple has been attacked. Four times in two weeks.

Even though there were around seven guards, the temple still got attacked.

Someone targeted the temple statue this time just like they said they would. The arrow had hit the wall behind the statue. The person who shot the arrow missed their target, is what I like to assume.

I inspected the hole in the wall carefully. “Show me the arrow” I told Cam and he handed me the arrow, which shockingly wasn’t as light as I presumed it to be. It was made of bronze and the name of the company was also etched in it.

“Find who purchased this” I said handing the arrow back to Cam. “Also I want a quick patchwork here to cover this hole” I commanded walking out of the temple towards Rett who was talking with the guards.

“I suppose they might have shot the arrow at a distance of one-fifty to two hundred yards. I already asked guards to search there” Cam said walking beside me.

“I really need some clue on this because this person does as he or she says” I mumbled softly.

“I think I have some clue as to who it might be” Keith announced and every single head turned to look at him.

“Who?” I demanded.

“A Ryker that’s for sure” he said and my eyes widened. Ryker? Glen’s father? Rett had told me that he was alive but he is out here for revenge too?

“We know that too” Rett said with a frown.

“Yes. But we weren’t sure” Keith contradicted, “But now I am sure.”

“Why?” I asked.

“See… all the attacks on temple so far were done from outside. I wasn’t so sure after the first one because it was the garden but this time, they wanted to harm the statue. If you see the record so far, most invaders would step inside the temple to destroy it or steal something” Keith said and I furrowed my brows not understanding where exactly was he going with this logic. “But our attacker, whom I would like to call as “Evil wolf” didn’t do it because he couldn’t do it that way.”