Chapter 19

This chapter is dedicated to @meridaa :)

Pic on the side is of>>>

****

“You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It wont happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.” 
― Joel Osteen
, Your Best Life Now: 7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential

EVERETT P.O.V

I heaved a sigh as I heard Genessa’s words. My legs felt weak, so I fell on the couch and lowered my head. Running a hand through my hair, I gulped.

Thank-you Goddess! Thanks a lot! You finally showed me a way.

Now I had hope. I knew I could save Templar from Drew. I could bring the White Wolf back.

“Ra?” Keith repeated while I was thanking the Goddess.

“That’s what they call the sun and also the tribe leader. It’s like the way we call the moon Luna” Genessa described. “Their ancestors come from Egypt” Genessa added and I nodded interestedly.

“What’s the name of this tribe?” I demanded.

“Khepri. It means morning sun.”

“Do you know where they are?”

“Rómvos”

“It’s an island right?” I mused. I have heard about that Rhombus shaped island but I didn’t know any tribes lived there. I thought it was owned by a businessman.

“Ya” she confirmed. “Their leader, Adio, owns that island” she said and my eyes widened.

“Have you been there?”

“Yes. Almost three years ago. To ask something about Patricia. I was forced to leave the island before I could meet him” she said sourly and I stiffened.

“They know what we are?” I questioned.

“How old is this leader if he has met Patricia?” Keith demanded at the same time.

“They know about us and they are not humans either” she said and I frowned. “And I think Adio is nearly two-hundred years old.”

“They have longevity” I murmured to myself. “What are they?”

“A tribal group. They have chants and their rituals. Unlike us, they are not shifters but they are warriors. They don’t fight in groups. It’s usually the leaders of different tribal family who has a one-on-one fight. They use weapons too. Actually, they are completely opposite to us and I don’t know why you think they will help us” she mumbled and I furrowed my brows.

“I have gut instinct that this group can help us. Don’t this group and we have anything in common?” I asked desperately.

“They are healers just like us. I don’t know if it’s true but I heard they are immune to poison. Also, they are sharp shooters. We chase our targets. But the Khepri’s… they just stand and shoot down their prey.”

I sucked in a breath as I heard it. They must have really good eyesight if they always hit the bull’s eye.

“Why did Patricia curse Adio?” Terence asked Genessa.

“He offended her in some way. I had gone to ask the ‘why’ with Adio, but unfortunately….” Genessa trailed off while Myron growled on the other end.