xliv

A/N: Hello! I'm back again! I got extremely busy the past week and was concentrating on college stuff. I still have a lot to do actually but I'm taking a break so I can write another chapter.

I can't believe that my story actually reached 40K+ reads. Omg. I never expected to reach 10K in the beginning and now I'm at 40K? I'm honestly so shocked and so happy..

Question for the chapter: Favorite SOLO song from WINGS? Mine's Stigma.

What seemed like seconds turned into minutes, and what seemed like moments turned into an eternity. They were frozen in place, frozen in time as they stared at each other, both confused and flustered out of their wits.

Taehyung was sitting up on his bed, mouth slightly agape, eyes widened. Jeongguk was the same though he was still standing near the door. A heavy atmosphere surrounded them and they could tell that this was definitely something difficult to deal with.

Jeongguk showed Taehyung his phone, further supporting the fact that they've been talking to each other all this time. Their amino profile icons glowing right beside each other.

"I can't believe this." The older was embarrassed but he tried to shrug it off with a strained chuckle. The older ended the voice call on amino and tossed his phone to the side.

"This sounds like a cliche story somebody would write on Wattpad, don't you think?" Jeongguk sighed, taking a seat at the foot of Taehyung's bed. He shut off his phone and fiddled with it in his hands. The younger laughed a little. "But then again, we were making a lot of cliche roleplays about ourselves."

Taehyung eyed Jeongguk. He admired how the younger was taking this so calmly, and as a matter of fact, he was also proud of himself for not running away from the embarrassment. It truly was a shock but what was there to achieve by avoiding the truth? Nothing.

"What's cliche is that we confessed to each other online and didn't know that we were talking to each other." Taehyung couldn't help but crack a smile. "Wait, so the so called 'guy that you liked', was it me?" He pointed at himself before he fell onto his back on the bed. Jeongguk had pushed him in embarrassment.

"Shut up." Jeongguk still sat but his arms were crossed over his chest.

"You didn't deny it though!" Taehyung propped himself up on his elbows, looking at the younger with his boxy smile. The little hue of red was evident on the younger's cheeks and at the tip of his ears.

"So? The so called 'guy that YOU liked' was me, wasn't it?" Jeongguk tried to retaliate with words. At this point, Taehyung had sat back up, leaning on his hands to keep himself propped up.

"No." Jeongguk felt his heart drop for a second. "I'm kidding." Another boxy smile cracked on his face.

"Aish, you made my heart break a little." Jeongguk pushed Taehyung again but the older didn't budge this time, smile still on his face.

Silence fell on them again, but it wasn't as uncomfortable as it was a while ago.

There were many thoughts that raced in both their minds. There were obviously so many questions too but none of them spoke. None of them opened their mouths. If they both had supernatural hearing, they would have realized that they could hear both their hearts erratically beating in their chests asides from their slightly shortened breaths.

"So, the hyung that you fought with was Jin hyung." Jeongguk decided to break the silence. He looked to meet his eyes with Taehyung's gaze but the older was staring off to the side at the wall, almost as if he was spaced out, but the older nodded in response. "And the reason you went off on me that time was because of the role you had in that drama." Another nod was the answer.

Jeongguk nodded too, not necessarily in agreement but just to show that he understood. It was an action that people do whenever things were getting awkward, and it fit well with the situation.

"So.." Taehyung's deep voice resonated in the small room.

"Hm?" Jeongguk hummed in question.

"Did you really beat your meat that time?"

---

A/N: PFFT- I can't believe I made myself laugh. I am so hopeless. Welp, hope you guys liked this chapter. We still got some ways to go before this book ends!

I hope that you'll stick with me until the end!

I purple you!💜💜💜

Until the next chapter!