Chapter 5: Wendy

-Hi! I honestly can't believe I'm even making a 5th chapter. I didn't think writing a book would be so much fun. Enjoy!-

<><><><><><>

Lucy's P.O.V

Ugh, I'm bored. Maybe I should try to get together with Natsu again. Maybe this time I can learn more than just his last name. Is that a good idea? Welp, I'm bored, so yes.

I take out my phone and text Natsu

Hey Natsu can you meet up at 8's island again today

I can't

Why not

I just cant 

Thats not an answer Now I'm curious 

Ugh, fine. You want to come to my house

His house?! Me, go there?! Why can he meet at his house but not at 8's island?

Uh sure, whats your address  WHAT DID I JUST DO?!?!

9328 Street Name  (Sorry I'm Lazy)

Ok be right there  WHAT AM I DOING?! 

I put my phone away

I CANT GO TO HIS HOUSE! I DONT EVEN KNOW HIM!! Ugh I guess it's too late now.

I get dressed and grab my purse. I empty out all my private things like my wallet and credit card. I go to the kitchen. Should I? Yeah, just in case. 

I grab a knife and put it in an accessible pocket. I lock my door and head to his house. 

I arrive at 9328 Street Name and look at the house.

It looked really old. It was made of wood and some of it was rotting. It was one story high. Is this really where he lives? If this is all he can afford how in the world does he pay for the school we go to? 

I walk up to the door and knock. A few seconds later the door swings open revealing a little blue-haired girl. Is this the right house?  I look at the address number.

This was the right house. Did he give my a fake address?! I was snapped out of my thoughts.

"Excuse me, are you ok? Miss?" The little girl asked. "Oh uh, yeah I'm fine. I think I'm at the wrong house sor-" I was cut off. 

"Wait are you the person Natsu invited over?!" She said looking hopeful. I was shocked. 

"Uh, y-yes." I said. Her face lit up "Oh come in, come in!!" She grabbed my hand and dragged me too the couch.

"NATSUUUUU!!!" She screamed. A door opened and out came Natsu. He looked a little, worried? No, I'm imagining things.

"What? What is it?" He asked then he saw me. His face became practically emotionless. "Oh"

He looked back at the little girl. "Go finish your homework, skip the problems you don't understand. I'll be there soon." He said. 

The little girl nodded and smiled as she went into the room he just came from.

He sat down in a chair across from the couch I was sitting on with the same emotionless expression.

"S-So uh, who's the girl?" I ask trying to start up conversation. Also I was curious as to why she was with him.

"That's Wendy. She's my little sister." He says still showing no emotion. Little sister?! Huh.

"Oh so are you looking after her while your parents your parents are gone?" I ask.

He stiffens a bit. "No. We don't, have parents. She was just at her friends house last time."

Oh god. I don't know what to say to that.  I was about to say something when Wendy bursts into the room holding a little blue cat.

"Natsu! I think something's wrong with Happy! He's not breathing properly and won't eat his food! You know he ALWAYS eat his food!" She says looking panicked.

Natsu stood up and walked to Wendy and examined the little cat. He smiled slightly. "Oh Wendy he's just fine." He says. "What?"

He takes the cat and sets it on the floor. It starts coughing and a hairball comes out. "Oh." Wendy said looking a little embarrassed.

"Well uh, since I'm done with my homework, you guys up to lose at some board games?" She asked smiling. Natsu sighs.

They both look at me. "Oh uh, sure I guess." But I'm gonna win little girl.

Natsu leaves the room and comes back with a few worn-out board games. We sit in a circle on the floor. We played for hours. Wendy was right too, she won every single game. Every. Single Game.

It was weird though. The few hours we were playing, Natsu was smiling and laughing. He was being goofy and childish. Nothing like anyone else made him out to be. 

Wendy rolls the dice. We were currently playing the last game that was in the stack.

"YES I WIN!!!" She jumps up and does a dance "TAKE THAT!!" She screamed and then realized what she was doing.

She sat down quickly "Sorry" she mumbled. Natsu and I burst out laughing. I looked at the time, 9:37. 

I stand up. "I should get going." I walk towards the door. "Bye Bye!" Wendy says. "Bye." I say and walk out the door.

As I walk back to my house I'm completely lost in thought. Tonight was so much fun. Natsu isn't a horrible or dangerous person. He's caring and funny. I'm glad I got to see this side of him.

<><><><><><><>

Sorry again. I tried to remember as much as I could. Sorry for not rewriting it earlier. Thanks for reading anyway!

Word Count

900