Chapter 34: Make Up

-Ok, so I was writing when my friend was next to me and she started talking when I was mid-sentence in writing so this is what I got...I have a weird sense of humor ;-;

Enjoy Chapter 34!-

>>>>>><<<<<<

<><>A Bit Earlier<><>

Natsu's P.O.V

It was raining all night and it's still raining.

I am currently walking to Lucy's place.

<><><><><>

Once I arrive at her house I walk around to the side where her bedroom window is. I look up the tree I normally use to get in through the window.

What if she tries to talk to me again? I don't want to talk to her. I don't want to at all...

I sigh and make my way up the tree. I open the window and close it as fast as possible to let as little rain in as possible.

Walking up to her bed, I look down at her peaceful, smiling face.

I grunt. It must be nice to sleep so well. Without a care in the world...

Sighing again, I set an alarm on her clock and jump back out the window.

Hope you make it to school on time...Lucy.

<><><>Before School<><><>

Lucy's P.O.V

I trudge through the sidewalks of Magnolia, dragging my feet behind me as I get soaked.

It's not the same walking to school alone.

I'm not used to it. Even before Natsu I had my best friend back in Hargeon.

I finally got to school, drenched and almost missed the bell.

"Alright, class. I have an new assignment for you!"

Groans could be heard all through the classroom.

"Yeah, yeah, well sucks for you. Anyway, the assignment is your life story!"

More groans echoed through the room.

"This is the most excited you all have been! You have to make a timeline and go up to the front and basically explain all the milestones in your life."

That sounds interesting.

The teacher continued to the lesson until the bell rung.

<><><>Lunch<><><>

I watch as Natsu goes to locker, pulls out his lunch and walks into Mrs. Tuttle's room.

I follow behind him and peek in the room.

"I understand Natsu, you are excused from the assignment." Mrs. Tuttle said sympathetically.

"Thanks Mrs. T!" Natsu smiled. "May I have lunch in here again?"

"Of course!" She grinned.

So that's where he was yesterday.

I sigh and walk over to the cafeteria.

"Lu! Where were you?" Levy asked.

"Probably off with Natsu!" Mira winked.

"No, he's still mad." I sigh.

"WHAT?!?!" Mira screams.

"Still?" Erza questions.

"Yeah, he's in Mrs. Tuttle's classroom right now." I say.

"He should be over here!" Lisanna whines. "We're his friends! He shouldn't be mad in the first place. Go on, Lucy. Make up with him!"

"Then make out." Mira winked again.

"Mira!" I whine.

"Fine, fine."

"Lisanna has a point, Lucy. You should go make up with him before things get worse." Erza states.

"Ugh, fine..." I mumble.

I sneak out of the cafeteria before any teachers see me and head to Mrs. Tuttle's room.

I crack open the door slightly and see a Natsu having a conversation with Mrs. Tuttle. He was smiling and she was laughing.

Wow, I didn't know they had this good of a relationship.

I open the door a little more and both their heads turn to me.

"U-Um...Natsu, may I...talk to you for a second?" I ask nervously.

Mrs. Tuttle raises an eyebrow at me and looks expectantly at Natsu.

He sighs, "I guess..."

I smile softly as he stands up and walks over to me, leaving his lunch behind.

We walk out into the deserted hallway and stand there awkwardly.

"So what do you want?" He asks looking down.

"I...I just wanted to apologize. I pushed your limits and didn't respect what you were trying to tell me and was oblivious to your feelings. I'm really sorry, Natsu..." I apologize, looking him straight in the eye.

He stood there, silent for a minute or two until he finally spoke up. "I'm sorry too. It must seem ridiculous to you that I don't like to accept help when it comes to money but that's not true. I just didn't accept the help from the officers because for one, it was way too much money, and two, I already have a lot of people helping me. At least three or four. And I don't want to keep accepting help. I appreciate the people who are helping me now, but I don't need more help. I want to do this on my own, and too many people are helping already..."

"...you should have told me that! I would butted out if that was the case!"

Natsu raises an eyebrow at me suspiciously.

"Ok, fiiiiine. I wouldn't have butted in AS MUCH."

"Suuuure." Natsu said sarcastically.

"Ok, ok. I would've still butted in, but I wouldn't have been quite as pushy."

He chuckles. "Apology accepted."

I smile. "Great!"

We walk back to the classroom smiling as Natsu grabs his lunch. Mrs. Tuttle winks at us and I blush faintly.

He puts his lunch away in his locker and we walk around the school talking and laughing.

I'm glad I apologized. It's nice having my best friend back. Wait, are we best friends? I never asked him...guess I should now!

"Hey, Natsu...are we...best friends?" I ask awkwardly.

He gives a big grin. "Course!"

I smile.

<><><>Next Period<><><>

"Lucy! How long did it take to make up? You left your lunch in the cafeteria!" Lisanna called with Mira trailing behind her.

"Did you guys make out like I suggested!!" Mira squealed.

"No! We just made up then talked a bit."

Mira eyes me suspiciously. "Mkaaayy..."

>>>>>>><<<<<<<

I just want to say how much I appreciate all of you. I honestly wasn't expecting to get this far in the story. I was expecting to just write a few chapters just for the fun of it and to experiment. I love all my readers and your support. Thank you so much!!

Hope you liked this chapter!

Word Count
1017