Chapter 43: Bills and Debt

-I googled it! (Thanks ElementalCrisis ) And fish can NOT see water. I just learned something new! Hear that kids? You can drop out of school and just use google! "Google knows all" -Quote from ElementalCrisis . Now on to the story!-

>>>>>>><<<<<<<

<><>Wednesday (still)<><>

Lucy's P.O.V

Ok. So Natsu started ignoring me this morning, and he never came to wake me up. He wouldn't look at me all day and he didn't come to the cafeteria. He looked like he was trying to be happy even after those bullies talked about his past but for some reason today was different. Was it something that happened in the principals office? Did something happen to Wendy? That would probably put him in a bad mood. But why wouldn't he tell me? Seriously, what's goin on?!

"Ok." I whisper myself with determination. "I'll go to his house. He can't possibly avoid me there."

I walk out my door, locking the door behind me.

Walking with a fast pace, the wind blows my hair in my face.

I walk up the two wooden steps to get to the front door and swiftly knock.

There's shuffling inside before Wendy opens the door.

She looks like she's been crying and she looks up at me with a solemn look.

"Wendy-"

"Sorry." She interrupts. "Natsu doesn't want to see you."

She slams the door in my face before I get a chance to say anything.

"Wha-"

WHAT?! He can't just not want to see me! Too bad!

I knock on the door again.

Wendy opened the door again. "I told you to go awa-"

I shove her to the side and stomp in the house.

I look straight forward and see Natsu sitting at a table in the kitchen with one hand in his hair while the other seemed to be doing homework.

He glanced back at me before turning back to the papers.

"Get out." He deadpanned.

I stood there for a second, contemplating what I should say. "I'm not leaving."

Wendy came up behind me and lightly grabbed my arm. "You should go..."

"No!" I pull away from her and go up to Natsu, roughly grabbing his shoulder so he'll look at me.

His face stayed unchanged as I began to violently shake him.

"Why do you want me to go away, huh?! Where were this morning?! Why have you been avoiding me all day?! Why didn't you come to the cafeteria?! Why? Why?! WHY?!"

He stares at me with the same unamused face as before. "I said get out."

His hair shadowed his eyes and his voice dropped to a whisper. "Please..."

I take a step back and unconsciously glance at the papers on the table.

Bills? Debt papers?! No wonder he's in a bad mood.

"Lucy." I turn my head slightly to see Wendy looking at the floor. "Just leave. Go away."

I bow my head and slowly turn to walk out the door. But before I had a chance to exit the kitchen something caught my eye.

Is that...a contract?

I walk out of their house and stand at the doorstep.

Has he been avoiding me because of debt? Bills? But...Wendy seemed so sad. And why would he avoid me because of that? I would help! It's not like I would tease him or look him differently or something. Ugh, one question keeps popping up in my mind.

WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!

>>>>>>><<<<<<<

Sorry for the really short chapter, I felt like writing. Hope you enjoyed!!

Word Count

585