Chapter 40: Basketball

-Wow, chapter 40! I never thought I would ever get this far. I love and appreciate all of you! Thanks so much for reading Outcast and I hope you've enjoyed my book so far!!-

>>>>>>><<<<<<<

<><>Monday After School<><>

Normal P.O.V

The bell rung, indicating that detention was over.

Natsu and Lucy walk out together and shortly after Natsu starts heading a different direction.

"See ya tomorrow, Luce!" Natsu called.

"Bye, Natsu!" Lucy exclaimed and continued walking back to her house.

Natsu walked down a path, took a few turns and eventually found himself at the gym.

He walked inside and nodded at the front desk lady. The lady smiled and nodded back.

Natsu went down the right hallway and went to the third door on his left, if he remembered correctly.

He entered to the basketball court to see Laxus, Gajeel, and Jellal were already there.

"Hey, Natsu." Laxus greeted as the said male put his bag down.

Just then, Gray came in with a very loud sigh.

"Something wrong?" Jellal asked, holding back a chuckle.

"Nah, it's nothing." Gray answered. "Oh and by the way, Elfman couldn't make it today. He's got some family stuff, apparently."

The other males nodded.

"Then I guess we can get started." Laxus stated. "2v3?"

"Could we 4v1? I'm a bit of a ball hog." Natsu asked.

"You sure? You do know I'm captain of the basketball team right? And Laxus, Jellal, And Gajeel are our best players." Gray told Natsu.

Natsu shrugged his shoulders. "That makes it more fun." He smirked.

"Fine, then. 4v1, lets go." Gajeel cheered.

Natsu smiled and all five went to the center of the court.

"Here." Gray bounces the ball off the floor and up to Natsu. "You start with the ball."

"Ok."

"WOOO!!!"

The guys looked over to the bleachers, only to be met with a Lucy, Erza, Mira, Levy, Lisanna, Juvia, Evergreen, And Cana.

"WOO, YEAH!!" The girls continued to cheer even though the guys weren't doing anything.

"We haven't started yet!" Gajeel yelled at them.

"WELL YOU'RE DOING GREAT!!! WOOOO!!"

The males roll their eyes and focus back on their game.

(I don't know a whole lot about basketball, but I know the rules pretty much. Please correct me if I'm wrong in the comments and I'll fix it. I'm trying my best, here.)

Natsu slowly dribbled in place, scanning over the stances that the other guys took. Judging which way they were going to defend.

Natsu bolted down the court, pivoted on his right foot to avoid a steel from Gajeel went straight for a lay-up, making in on his first shot.

The room was silent while the people in it tried to process what they just witnessed.

Natsu started laughing as he dribbled back down to the center.