Chapter 48: Hospital

-Hi! Finally, I've finished this chapter. It took a lot longer than expected, I've been working on it literally anywhere I could. I hope you like it!- 

>>>>>>><<<<<<<

<><><>Sunday (technically)<><><>

2:34 a.m.

Natsu's P.O.V

I stare up silently at the ceiling.

No matter how much I toss and turn, I can't seem to go to sleep.

Moving?

I look over at my peacefully sleeping sister and sigh.

What are we going to do?

A small, nearly silent snore escapes my sister's mouth.

I can't take her away from her friends.

Wendy rolls over and wraps around my arm with a whimper.

She's been through so much already.

She grumbles something like "mama" and I frown.

I promised her we'd stay here, no more moving.

She kept mumbling soft fragments of garbled sentences.

How will she take it? How am I going to tell her?

Wendy bolted up in bed with a scream, panting heavily.

"Wendy?! Wendy, what's wrong? Are you ok? Was it a bad dream? Wendy!" I kept spewing out questions worriedly until I realized she wasn't making any noise.

"Wendy?"

"N-N-N-Na...tsuu..." Wendy sputtered out, trying to hold on to me but her arms were missing anything at all she could grip.

Her chest was heaving up and down and she was gasping for air.

"N-Nat...s-su...I-I can't...my fingers...c-can't feel..."

Beads of sweat shimmered on her forehead and her breathing got heavier.

"Wendy!"

I scoop her up gently, making sure not to upset her more, rush out the door without a second thought.

Having no other form of transportation, my only choice was to run to the nearest hospital. Luckily there was one only a block away.

It's ok, everything's ok. It's all going to be fine.

I burst through the hospital doors, shocking everyone in the room for only a split second before 3 nurses came and surrounded Wendy.

On took her out of my hands while another gently directed me over to the counter.

"But Wendy-!"

"Please, sir. You cannot go back with them and we need you to fill out the paperwork as to what happened." The nurse urged.

Unwillingly, I go up to the front desk to be greeted with a kind young woman.

"Please state your full name and the name of the girl you just brought in, if known."

"Uh, I-I'm Natsu Dragneel and that was my sister Wendy Dragneel," I say as politely as possible while taking quick glances at the hallway where they took Wendy.

"And how do you spell your last name?"

"D-R-A-G-N-E-E-L."

She types something into the computer with an unbelievably fast pace and clicks the mouse a few times.