Chapter 42: Avoiding

-Ok, this is completely random and has nothing to do with the story but do you think fish can see water or is it invisible like air to us?-

>>>>>>><<<<<<<

<><><>Tuesday (still)<><><>

Natsu's P.O.V

"What do you need Mr. Nesgull?" I ask politely, sitting down.

"A kid came to my office and told me that you broke his arm and his friends confirmed it. Is this true?"

"Yes, sir. But-"

"At least you were truthful." He interrupted. "What did I tell you, Natsu?"

I hung my head. "Sorry, sir."

"Good. You can leave, just make sure nothing like this happens again, understood?"

"Yes, sir." I stand up and leave the school, not bothering to go back to Lucy.

<><>Next Day<><>

Lucy's P.O.V

Dreaming

"Why hello there Mr. Bear! Where's Mrs. Bear? Oh? What's that? You lost her in the forest?"

The bear opens its mouth and faint beeping noises came out, slowly getting louder.

End Dream

I grumble as I slowly open my eye and look at my clock.

"6:33?!?!"

I leap out of bed and look around my room.

"Where's Natsu?" I whisper to myself.

I shrug it off as another one of his pranks and he's probably hiding somewhere as I rush to the shower.

I dress and head down the stairs.

"6:52?! Shiiiiii-...taki mushrooms!!"

I dart out the door, grabbing my bag on the way out and rush to school.

<><><><><>

I pant, and stand breathlessly at the doorframe of my homeroom.

"Miss Heartfilia."

I look up. "H-Hi, M-Mrs. Tuttle..."

She glares at me and I scramble over to my seat before she can even tell me.

I glance over to Natsu as he scribbles down notes from the lesson.

Why wasn't he there to wake me up this morning? Is something wrong? Did something happen? Is Wendy ok?

A million thoughts and possibilities swarm my mind.

"Wouldn't you agree, Miss Heartfilia?"

"Huh?"

Mrs. Tuttle sighs and shakes her head. "I seriously wonder how you have an A in my class..."

The class chuckles as she walks back to the front of the room.

<><>Lunch<><>

The bell rings indicating its time for lunch.

Finally! I haven't gotten a chance to talk to Natsu all day, now I finally can!

I rush to the cafeteria and quickly sit down in my usual seat, staring at the doors.

"Well, you're eager. What's got you so worked up, Lucy?" Erza questions, taking a bite of strawberry cake

Why does she have strawberry cake for Lunch anyway?

"Nothing, Erza."

She looks at me skeptically until going back to her scrumdiddlyumptious strawberry goodness.

I continue to intensely stare at the doors, eyes brightening whenever the door opened and being greatly disappointed when some other stupid person came through.

Someone tapped my shoulder and I spun around.

"Natsu?! Oh, it's you..."

"Wow, thanks." Gajeel mumbled. "Anyway, can I sit next to Levy?"

"Hm? Oh! Yeah, sure." I say and scootch over one seat before going back to staring at the door.

"You sure are excited. What do you even need from the flame-...u-uh I mean...uh...fire- no! Uh, stupid head?" Gray stuttered.

I look at him strangely.

"Stupid head? That's really the best you could come up with?" Gajeel uttered.

I sigh. "He's been avoiding me all day."

"WHAT?!" Mira screamed. "DID YOU GUYS FIGHT AGAIN?!?!"

"No, it was-...ugh, nevermind." I grumble.

"Is something wrong?" Erza questions.

"I don't know..." I sigh.

"Does it have something to do with yesterday?" Levy asks quietly.

"I don't know. Maybe." I answer with my chin in my palm.

"What happened yesterday? You guys talking about the science thing?" Gray asked.

"Sorta. On our way to lunch after getting lectured by the teacher, some guys maybe sorta almost tried to fight us. Natsu stepped in but they said...something about his past."

"WHAT?!" This time, it was our whole table that stood up and yelled, gathering the attention of the entire cafeteria.

A teacher swiftly walks over to us. "Keep your voices down or I'll have to send you to the principal's office! Now sit back down!" She said sternly.

We all reluctantly sat back down with pouts.

<><>Detention<><>

Ok, I actually BOUGHT THE COVER. Finally. Now we can get started.

I look over at Natsu, waiting for him to stand up.

He glances in my direction before focusing back to some homework that he got out.

My expression drops and I decide to stand up first.

I walk over to his desk and tap his shoulder. He grunts and refuses to look at me.

I sigh and sit back down in my seat.

Why? Did those guys really bother Natsu that much? But Natsu seemed like he was at least trying to be positive yesterday. Was it when he went to the principals office? What happened? Did he get in really bad trouble?

I stare at Natsu, trying to unravel why he's acting so weird in my head.

What's going on?

>>>>>>><<<<<<<

-Sorry for a short chapter! Ok, I'm going to REALLY try and get on a schedule. I promise. Or at least I'll TRY-

Word Count

857