Chapter 44: Contract

-Hi! I was really excited to update this chapter so here it is! Enjoy!-

>>>>>>><<<<<<<

<><>Thursday<><>

Lucy's P.O.V

I groan and roll out of bed at the sound of my alarm clock.

Guess he's still in a bad mood.

I rush around my house doing my normal routine then bolt out the door.

<><>First Period<><>

Lucy's P.O.V

I got to class late (no surprise there) but something seems off about Natsu. He keeps giving me these harsh glares.

I don't get it. If he's upset about bills that's one thing, he just didn't want to be around anyone. But he's looking at me like he's angry. What did I do? Is he upset that I saw the debt papers?

<><>End if Class<><>

The bell rings indicating the end of first period. I normally stay behind and wait for the stampede to leave the room but, today I rushed forward, shoving multiple people out of the way and ran up to Natsu.

I spun him around in the hallway. "Natsu!"

"What the hell do you want?" He seethed.

I pull my hand back at the harsh words and he grunts, walking away.

I stand there for a few seconds before rushing off to my next class.

<><>End of 4th Period<><> (Lunch is 6th period)

I rush out the door and see Natsu in hallway. I take a deep breath and walk over to him.

"Natsu?" I gently touch his elbow. My voice drops to a whisper or more of normal volume since you have to yell for people to hear you in the hallway. . "Are you doing ok? It...it's ok to feel stressed. Is there anything I can do to help?"

He glares at me. "You can leave me the hell alone and never bother me again."

"Natsu..."

He turns his back to me and walks away once again.

Natsu...

<><>Lunch<><>

I drag my feet to the cafeteria, knowing Natsu wouldn't be there. I plop down at my table and put my head in my hands with a sigh.

"Natsu?" Erza asked.

"Yeah..."

"Apparently he's been acting really out of character today. He even sent Juvia, Mira, Evergreen, Cana, and Elfman to the infirmary." Levy stated.

"What?" I gasp.

"Yeah, And he got all up in my face when I insulted him. Normally our insults are playful but he seemed pretty serious." Gray told.

"Maybe we should go look for him?" Gajeel suggested.

"Look for him?" Jellal repeated questioningly.

"Yeah, he's not here is he? Maybe we should go talk to him." Gajeel explained.

"That sounds like a plan to me." I said.

"Yes." Erza agreed.

"Alright then, let's go!" Levy cheered and we exited the cafeteria.

We walked down the hallway to the library but when we looked inside no one was there.