Chapter 32: Upset

-Heya! I'm hoping this is coming out the same night I wrote the previous chapter so...is it? Maybe? Welp, Hope you enjoy Chapter 32!-

>>>>>><<<<<<

Lucy's P.O.V

I wake up to water running. 

"Urrrrrrgh..." I groan and get out of bed. "Come on, Natsuuuu. Why do you do this to meee!"

"Cause it's the only thing that wakes you up." Natsu says confidently while coming out of the bathroom.

"Just move over and let me shower." I order irritatedly.

"Alright, alright. Geez, someone's grumpy..." He mumbles.

"Well, maybe I'm grumpy because I didn't get any sleep. Why didn't I get any sleep you ask? Maybe because I was terrified that some grown-ass man was going to break into my house again and kill me!"

"...Good point!" He says chuckling nervously. "Sorry..."

I sigh. "Whatever..."

<><><><><><>

Normal P.O.V

Lucy finished getting ready earlier than usual and walked downstairs for breakfast.

"You're early!" Natsu exclaims as he continues chopping carrots.

"What are you making?" I ask, leaning over his shoulder.

"Oh, this is for later. Your breakfast is over there." He states and motions to a table with his head.

"Thanks!" I exclaim and make my way over to my food. 

"...Hey Natsu?" I ask while chewing my DELICIOUS meal.

"Yeah, Luce?"

"...Why...why didn't you take the reward money?" I ask hesitantly. It seemed to be something that mattered to him. And he took off so abruptly last time...

He stopped what he was doing. "What?"

"Why didn't you take the money? You need it, don't you? Plus, you deserved it for capturing those criminals!" I had stopped eating my food, and was looking him in the eye.

"...I just didn't feel I deserved it. I-It wasn't anything that anyone else at our school couldn't do..."

"I-I couldn't do it!"

"You didn't have your keys..."

"But even so, you earned it! It was your money! They would've given anyone who captured them the money, and you needed it!"

"Can we just stop talking about it. I didn't want the money...that's the end of it." The pink-haired male said, being oddly quiet.

"But you need it! You can't just refuse help! You can't do it alone Natsu, you need to accept it when someone offers to help you!"

"Luce...I don't want to talk about this."

"We need to! You need to learn how to accept help! I was thinking that we could go down to the police station and collect the reward this afternoon. You can get the money, and stop working so hard and not have to worry so much!"

"Lucy..."

"You can tell that officer that you humbly accept the money, and then maybe we could go on a shopping trip with the girls to get you and Wendy the things you need!"

"LUCY!"

The blonde stopped talking and looked at her pink haired bestie.

Natsu gritted his teeth. "It doesn't matter...just forget it...forget all of it!" He snapped.

The male then snatched up his backpack and walked out the door.

>>>>>><<<<<<

Sorry for another short chapter but I was making It kind of a part one and part two since they were both short but it seemed to fit if it was two different chapters. Hope you enjoyed!