Chapter 47: Door Handles

-School Sucks-

>>>>>>><<<<<<<

<><><>Friday (STILL)<><><>

Lucy's P.O.V

Natsu?

"Natsu!" I yell, jumping to my feet.

I ignored the pain in my arm and the lingering sting in my jaw and ran to where I saw him leave.

I turn the corner suddenly, nearly falling over. "NATS-...u-u?"

I stare in disbelief at a seemingly dumbfounded guy in a pink hoodie.

"H-Huh? Oh gosh, are you ok?!" The guy asked worriedly.

"Y-Yeah..." I whisper, holding my arm and looking around the guy with some hope that Natsu actually was there.

"You should probably go to the nurse. Here, let me help you." Pink hoodie kid gently grabs my bag off my back and holds out his hand for me to take.

"I said I was fine, thanks." I snap and harshly grab my bag back.

"But-"

"I SAID...I'm fine." I glare and he stumbles back.

I turn swiftly and rush off campus.

Before I knew it, I was at a familiar house.

Well...might as well try.

I hesitate, but slowly bring my hand up and knocked twice.

Sad, blue eyes turned angry when the door opened. "Could you just leave Natsu alone! How many times do we have to tell you! Please, Lucy!"

"Well, I'm not leaving," I say stubbornly.

"Ok." She shrugs and slams the door.

I stand there in incredulity.

Did she really just slam the door in my face AGAIN?!

With less hesitance, I reach my hand up and knock once more.

There was no answer.

I knock again, knowing she was there and her blatantly ignoring me made me even more apoplectic.

I practically punch the door in utter anger.

"HOLY M************ SON OF A ******* *****!! WHAT THE **** IS THIS DOOR MADE OF?!? HOLY ****!" I vociferate.

I can hear guffawing from inside and I sneer at the door.

I shake the locked door handle vigorously until the handle snaps off the door.

A small 'clank' comes from inside and the laughter stops.

I stand there, flabbergasted.

"Uh..." I give the door a little push and it swings open, revealing Natsu and Wendy staring at the door in shock.

After a few moments of tense silence I hurriedly say, "I'm so so SO sorry! I'll replace it! How about I replace it right now! Yeah, I'll be right back! S-Sorry again!!" I scamper off, heading towards the closest hardware store.

He probably hates me even more now...

Natsu's P.O.V

Once Lucy was out of sight I shake my head and look closer at the door.

"Uh...what do we do now?" Wendy asks, staring at where the handle is supposed to be with her head cocked to the side.

"I dunno, Wen" I respond with a sigh.