Chapter Two

In the morning, sleep deprived, I get to school. I'm a little shook about the-whole-Noah-dream last night. Today is not the day to think about it. Today is the day everyone's excited about a party at Kyle's, Amy's boyfriend.

With Amy attached under my arm, we stroll into Biology classroom. The day is getting by kinda slow, without unnecessary drama. During lunch, Kyle is talking about how lit this party is going to be.

Kyle is on the football team, so all of his parties are awesome. He's not as tall as the rest of the team, but I could swear he has the best legs and arms. They're sometimes giving him a hard time by saying he's dumb, because of his short blond hair which he never slicks back. Kyle has one of the most beautiful light blue eyes and freckles on his cheekbones and across the nose. He's cute. 

"Ky, all of your parties turn out fatal.", says Amy, mouth full of what's supposed to be pizza "Remember last year when Rob almost fell off a roof?"

"Hey!", Rob raises his voice "The key word is almost."

He said it so seriously, that it'd scare me if I didn't know him well. Rob is one sweet, innocent soul that you could say there's nothing bad nor dangerous in him. But, deep inside, what he doesn't show us is the dark side, about which we don't know anything. All we know is that he hangs out with some strange guys and sometimes smokes weed. Besides that, Rob is the guy you would want to date. Okay, maybe I have a little crush on Rob.

Rob is tall, maybe for a head taller than me. He's wide in shoulders, which is good since he trains football. He has extremely bold jaw-line, so sharp I think he cuts air while he walks. Rob used to have light brown hair, almost blond, which darkened with years and now it stayed dark brown, almost black. His hair is longer in the middle, so it sometimes falls over his chocolate eyes. It's mostly always neatly gelled backward. 

"Robby, you were in complete shock for a whole week after that.", I laugh mischievously, knowing he hates when I call him Robby.

He looks at me, striking me a mad look. I stick out my tongue, he knows I'm not scared of him. Not even a little. Shit, should I be?

"Luckily, this time I have Melly to take care of me.", Rob says and bear-hugs me.

I get tingles through my body. Okay, maybe I like him more than just 'a little'.

"Isn't that right, Melly?", he asks with that weird tone. He knows I hate when he calls me Melly.

I elbow him under his ribs. He flinches and covers his body with hands, blocking my next kick. I roll my eyes on his cover dish look.

"Whatever, losers. See you tonight.", I bow and rush for the next class.

Before I can process it, I'm ready for the party. I've decided to keep things casual and wear jeans with a black crop top. I glance on the mirror to catch my look one more time before I leave. I think it was a pretty smart idea to wear Vans. We all know how parties end. 

I fix a single light blonde curly lock of hair, which threatened to straighten up. My hair is normally somewhat curly, but I've decided to add it more volume for tonight. That's how darker locks that intervene through my light blonde hair are more visible. I didn't want to overdo my makeup, mascara and eyeliner is enough to emphasize my blue-green almond-shaped eyes, slightly risen on the edges. I can't normally overdo my makeup because I have really light skin so it simply doesn't look good.

When I decide I'm satisfied with my look, I smile to myself and stroll out of the bedroom. 

"See you, mother.", I half run through the kitchen and peek into the living room "Father."