Chapter Twenty Five

Tomorrow morning, the very second I get out of the car on school parking, all eyes are on me. First I think my mind is playing games with me. It's probably because I was gone for too long.

Amy appears in my eyesight. She grabs my arm.

"Did you hear what's going on?", she asks carefully.

We both take a look at gazes on us. And the whispers.

"No.", I reply "Why is everyone staring?"

Amy sighs few times before she pushes me behind a wall. There's almost no one there.

"Someone spread a rumor you've been stalking Noah for the past two months. That you were gone 'cause you popped in with his squad on some trip. I didn't remember the details.", Amy says.

I frown. Do people really believe this stupid stories? Come on, is this really believeable?

"Mel, the word is you're pregnant.", Amy says.

I blankly look at her. I let that words settle somewhere in my head. Impossible. Why would people suddenly talk about me? I was never the center of attention.

I honestly don't understand what's going on.

"Who started it?", I ask.

I'm furious enough to bash someone's head.

"I don't know.", Amy sighs. 

I reach for my phone. Where's fucking Noah when you need him the most?

Of course he's not answering. He's not here, and neither are three Musketeers. Just today when I need them.

After first bell, with Amy's support, I manage to make my way through many curious faces. I don't like this at all. I stop by my locker, Amy makes her way for her class in the meanwhile.

I grab what I need and decide to ignore everything today. Of course that won't work for me.

I close my locker so I could see popular Ms. Snake. Addison, queen of popularity in this school. At the very top of the teenage food chain. Oh joy.

"What do you want?", I ask cranky. 

"I won't repeat this.", she snaps, like her usual self "Stay the fuck away from Noah."

I raise my eyebrow on her words. I don't answer. I don't have time for this. 

Without futher word, I make my way for the next class. Of course, I don't find any peace there either.

It passes maybe five minutes before school psychologist enters. She apologizes to Mrs. Murray, maths professor.

"Ms. Houston. principal Smith wants to talk to you.", psychologist says.

I roll my eyes and sigh. Of course, the whole class starts whispering and quietly laughing. Murray calms them in a second while I collect my stuff and start walking to the door. 

Someone whispers 'mommy' on my way out, and in return I shoot everyone a look. 

This is gonna be a long day.

I stay frozen at the principal's door when I see my dad sitting inside. The looks are on me. Again.

"Ms. Houston, please.", principal Smith shows the chair next to dad's.

I slowly walk to the chair and crash onto it. I think I couldn't be more confused. 

"Why am I here?", I ask directly.

Principal coughs and closes some files in front of him. I'm assuming it's a file with my grades.

"We've got reliable information that you are pregnant.", principal says blankly.