Chapter Seventeen

Once we were home, Luca roughly pulled me out of the car and into his house. I tried ignoring the painful tingle in my arm that his hand made and kept up with him. I had no choice. Once inside Luca tossed me onto the nearby couch like I was some toy and told me to stay. Deciding it was better to listen to him, I stayed put. Luca came out of the room with papers on his hand, tossed them on the coffee table in front of me, along with a pen.

"I'm not signing these." I already knew what he wanted and there was no way I was signing my life way for the matter. Even if it was just marriage, there was no way I was marrying him.

"I didn't ask you." Luca demanded, while circling the places of where he wanted me to sign. "Is it that hard for you just to sign these damn papers? There is no harm in doing so!"

"No."

"Look you are going to be a good future husband and sign these or I swear I will make your life hell."

"Oh aren't I already there!" I snapped right back,

"Darren, don't test me."

"I will not sign these and you can't force me too unless I just magically became a puppet." we were bickering but this was no ordinary fight we usually got ourselves into. This was about being married. I was not getting married.

"Oh I will control you and I will do it without even thinking about it unless you sign these papers. That's all I'm asking."

Luca was going to deal with me being stubborn and I didn't care about what was going to happen to me, I was not going down easily. Luca looked beyond pissed, looked about ready to murder me. I change my mind, I was going to die but not like this. People who kill out of anger are not usually a peaceful and painless way to die. I tear up. "I thought you loved me." Luca looked down at me before sighing.

"I do love you, this is why I want us to get married. Just sign the papers." But I didn't speak, so instead he signed them for me. I looked at him shocked and he just looked at me like he didn't just sign my signature so easily.

"When are you going to stop being like this?" I continued to not say anything. Luca stared at me waiting before giving up. "Well fine. I'm going out." this is the first time Luca has left me alone in the house. This was time to try and look for a way to leave. So obviously all the windows and doors are locked down but I'm sure they are not shatter proof. I grabbed a piece of metal near the fireplace and began banging on the kitchen window. Banging it and hitting it. Letting out frustrating noises before a crack finally appeared. Then another one, one more hit and I finally hand broken it. I hit it a few times so I wouldn't get cut while attempting to climb out.

Trying desperately to look for civilization where I could get help or find a phone and call my parents. They will surely know what to do. Finally I managed to make it to a small town. It seemed stranger than most towns I've been to but I did not question it. All I knew was that I was far away from the house.

"Darren!" I heard a shout, it can't be, can it?

"Jamie!?" I shout back when I see him running towards me. This was truly a miracle.