Chapter Eighteen

"Jamie!" I said in relief. "You're actually here!" I hugged him when I realized that this was actually true. Jamie was here and he would help me out with my situation with Luca. Surely he would know what to do. 

"What are you doing here! They've been looking for you!" Jamie looked at me like I disgusted him, I was taken back with his attitude with me. Jamie never looked at me like that, I thought he would be happy to see me since I'm sure they have been looking for me. "We thought you were dead or something! You gave your parents a heart attack!" 

"I don't even know how I got here! Are they okay, please tell me they are okay?" I begged. Jamie then looked at me sadly, there was something he knew. Something he wasn't telling me and it was making me feel angry. Why does it feel like everyone is keeping secrets from me and leaving me in the dark when it feels like I am a part of whatever agenda they are planning. 

"I would help you but I can't. I'm sorry Darren but it's against the rules." he replied, looking at me with that knowing, dark look in his eyes. A look he rarely held. A look that I knew something was wrong but he couldn't do anything about it. It's not like him. For a second I though he wasn't actually Jamie and just some sort of clone. "You're parents are okay and so are your siblings. I'll make sure they know you are okay to. Since you fail to let them know that you're alive!" 

"What! What rules??" I looked at him surprised, what does he mean by rules? Last time I checked there are no rules but laws in the real world. Which in a way are kinda like rules. 

"My dad came to do some business with your boyfriend and we can't involve ourselves with any of it or you for the matter. I'm really sorry. I didn't know it was your name that was going on the papers. I actually don't know what I thought." Jamie looked away looking guilty before it turned normal again, a normal poker face like he didn't care about me. "I just thought we were going to come here and leave. Just like that but my dad is helping Luca out." 

"Jamie please help me. He has me hostage and I don't know what to do! Please help me escape." I more like begged him, trying to get him to understand what I was involved with. 

"You chose to run off with him Darren, it really hurt me and now you're just paying for what you put me and your family through."I looked at shocked, he really thought I would just run off and leave them all behind. He isn't the smart Jamie, he is the no common sense one. "Don't lie and say that he has you hostage when it's clear that you love him according to the papers you signed. You are no officially married."

"Jamie what are you saying, this is not like you!" I said. Jamie didn't care by the look on his face. It seemed as if he was done with my games even though I was playing none. It scared me. Did my parents also stop caring for me? Is that why I haven't been rescued yet? 

"I tried Darren I really did but I just can't do anything about it anymore. You'll have to deal with it yourself. See you at your wedding." Jamie hugged me this time, tightly. But I didn't hug him back, still in shock for what he said. He sighed and pulled away, looking at me one more time and walking away. Leaving me here alone to figure this all out.