Chapter Thirty-One

Luca's Pov : Right this second I was discussing matters about the future for Darren and I. I wanted to marry him. There was a lot of work to be done but I didn't mind it. If it meant to get to marry him, I would work 24/7. All for Darren. But it hurt me, to some extent that I had hurt him so much. He actually thought I would ever violate him that way. He should know that.

As I kept talking I felt something, something was wrong and it had to do with Darren. I just knew it. I linked the others back where he was. "What's going on?"

"Darren, he can control his wolf. He threatened to kill us and we didn't know what to do. His family is with him." The main guard spoke.

"You mean to tell me that he shifted and could control his wolf and his family is still here? Make sure they don't leave the territory. I am on my way." I panicked. They were going to take him away now that he could control his wolf. I didn't want him to go away. He was my mate, they couldn't do this to us. Not again.

I was going after him.

Darren's Pov:

My dad had me call all of the wolves that I threatened when I was out of it. I could see what I did but as much as I tried to remember, I couldn't remember it for myself. It was a blur after I was shocked.

"I would like to apologize for everything, you all are free to go. Please don't questions me, it was a change of heart. Be happy and have a good life." I spoke to them all, not hesitating in showing my true form. They all looked at each other while take off. Some stood behind.

"How do we know you're not lying and will kill us if we attempt to leave?" Someone yelled.

"Just leave do what you desire. I don't want to harm you. Now go before my wolf decides not to be generous." I warned them more serious this time. The ones who stayed, scurried off.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Oh so you're back now I see, after leave me locked up." I turn to face Luca.

"I had to do it that way all this wouldn't happen." he said. I glared at him.

"So what wouldn't happen? So I wouldn't take control of my mind and what I do and who I am?!" I was frustrated with this whole situation. I wish they would have just hid it from me or that I somehow for with some miracle, could never shift.

"No not because of that Darren." Luca walked closer to me.

"Is it power you wanted? Because I can't give you that! Just go find some other messed up kid to help you with that!" I hadn't realized I had tears in my eyes. I loved Luca, if he preferred power than there's nothing else I can say or do to make him stay.

"You think I want power, you're so stupid. I couldn't any less for that that. Now you have your family and Jamie back.. they will tell you to leave... you will leave?" Luca touched my cheek, looking as heartbroken as ever. I looked to actually see emotion in his eyes for once. For once. It was pain, hurt, loss even though I haven't even left.

"I want to be with you but not like this." I gestured to everything around me. "I want for it to be like it used to be. Where I didn't know but now we can just ignore that fact and live normal, like none of this ever happened."

"We can't ignore the fact that you're a wolf and I'm a bloodsucking monster." Luca's eyes darkened.

"I never said to forget that... it'll add some spark to what we may have in the future." We were silent for a while as we were both in thought. I was thinking about what it would be like now that we may be able to go back to how it used to be. I as well wished I knew what he was thinking, what if he didn't have feelings for me now.

"You mean we could be together, not even your family will separate us?"

"My father approves, convinced me to you back so you shouldn't worry about that." Luca grinned and pulled me in for a hug, followed by a lot of kisses.