Chapter Forty

"If love's a fight, I shall die with my heart on the trigger... baby you are that I adore. If love is what you need than I soldier I shall be..." the background music played as we all were putting everything together. I was getting ready in one room and Luca in the other. Music usually calms me down. Right now I needed as much as calmness as I could get because I am freaking out to the point where I think I might just pass out. Everything was going great so far. I didn't want for it to end.

The classic music and I knew it was time to walk down the alter to the man of my dreams. I took a deep breath before I was escorted out of my dressing room. I stood front, about to walk to the alter. Werewolves on one side and vampires on the other. It was extremely terrifying. We would be getting married. Today, on this day.

Luca stared at me as I walked with my father along side of me. I took deep breaths. Luca gave me a reassuring smile, to make sure I was alright. As long as I was marrying him, I was more than alright.

"Darren, since you came into my life I knew I would do anything in my power to be a changed man. To give you the happiness you deserve and protection you need. I was set on always being here with you always no matter what. We've had our ups and downs, major downs but it was all worth it. I would walk through hell just to get to you.." I drowned in his beautiful words.

"Luca.. Even though I had no idea what I was or what you were I knew that we were bond to be together for the rest of our lives. I went through so much pain with you but I had also never been happier because at the end of the day, you make me feel alive. Even with your crazy possessiveness, but I love it so much, it shows that you care about me..."

Up to this point, I didn't know where all of this was headed. We went through so many desperate times, it feels like we already went through it all. Honestly it was a good feeling. I love him and he loves me. We have a bright future. Maybe with kids or no kids. I was good with either. We would travel to different countries, see the world with each other and I fell in love all over again.

"Darren and Luca, werewolf and vampire, you both promise to be together through death?"

"I do."

"I do."

"Together through troubles and tribulations?"

"Yes."

"Yes."

"You both had showed that love is possible anywhere with any creature or gender. You two had presented yourself in front of the Queen of all of your family, you will be bond even in the afterlife. I now pronounce you husband and husband." I barely had time to smile before Luca pulled me down for a passionate kiss.

Everyone cheered in the background. After a few minutes we pulled back.

"You're a married man now." Jamie butts in. "We can no longer be together." I laugh at Luca glaring.

"Sadly no." I tease Luca.

"Well I wanted to congratulate you. Finally you can be happy, no more secrets."

"No more secrets."

Dad gave me a long lasting hug, along with my mom. I was going to miss them taking care of me through everything. "Don't you become a stranger." Dad whispered.

"I promise I won't."

Later on we all danced wildly. Like a regular party. Cake flying everywhere other than in our mouths. Dresses and tuxedos ruined. It began calming down later on.

We headed out to the balcony looking at the nice beautiful view. Just enjoying the last hours of the night. So nice, peaceful and calm. Just both of us. We finally made it.

"We finally made it." Luca hugs me from behind, wrapping his arms around my waist. We definitely did. Through everything we finally did. I knew there was more hell to come but I knew  that no matter what hell brings, we would always have each other's backs.