Chapter Twenty-Two

The only individual that I still talk to, despite him still knowing and not telling me is Jamie. He risked his life to safe me. But in the process I got hurt majorly. All I could think about was my parents out there without me. As much as I hated to admit it, I hated them with everything in me. If it wasn't for them then I wouldn't be here suffering. 

"I hope this doesn't change anything between us." Jamie mumbled while looking at the tv we were currently watching. "I never wanted to lie to you."

"No Jamie, you are still my best friend. I mean you could have told me." I said while ignoring the obvious tension. 

"They would have banned me from ever seeing you again. They would have banned me and my whole family away from here. That is a huge disgrace for this world." Jamie begged me. "I never want to lose you." 

"Let's just not talk about it, I'm really tired and it's getting dark outside." 

"Cuddle?" Jamie asked. I sighed before nodding. This was normal for us. 

"Why would you do this to me?" There was suddenly a voice inside my head and I couldn't seem to move. "You leave me alone  and then you come here to Jamie, you never loved me." he stated. I opened my eyes and seem him standing there in front of me. Looking as angry as ever. But this time I could physically see him red eyes. Those red eyes that haunt me. 

"I-i didn't mean to." I found myself saying to him while sitting up when I could move. "I do love you." I had no idea what I was saying. It's as if I had no control over my words and actions when I grabbed his hand. "I love you." I admitted. 

"Then why are you here with him. Letting him hold you?" Luca pulled me close to himself, while making me stand up. "You belong to me, you understand right?" I nodded. "You are mine and nobody else's." 

"I understand Luca. I only belong to you and you belong to me." Luca finally smiled, but still with those red eyes. 

"I am glad you understand." His teeth began to grow, like fangs and he grabbed my neck and pulled me close, sinking his teeth into my neck. I screamed. 

"Darren!" Suddenly it was daylight and Jamie was shaking me to wake up. "Darren, were you having a nightmare?" I only nodded because I couldn't find words in my vocabulary. "Well come on, why don't we go out for breakfast. Get you some fresh air. It'll do you good." I agreed and I got ready, letting him borrow some clothes.

We sat and ate some food. I felt as though my face was pale. I think I was in some sort of shock from what I've been through. It's all killing me inside. I feel paranoid. I looked around the restaurant, what if these are all creatures waiting to eat or kill me. I just never know. "Don't think about it Darren. Don't dwell on it or you'll scare yourself. Just know that this isn't a nightmare. I will do everything I can to guide you." 

"How can I not think about it!? My ex is a bloodsucker. My family is a pack of wolves and, and they aren't even my real family-" Jamie put his hand over my mouth until I calmed down. Not caring that people were staring at me like I was some lunatic. Maybe I was in some insane asylum and was imagining all this. Maybe I belong in a straightjacket. 

"I know how you feel, it's not easy coming from a bloodline of wolves. I know myself because I'm a werewolf too-"

"Damnit Jamie don't tell me I am a fucking-" his eyes widened and he put his hand over his mouth. Cursing and closing his eyes. "Fuck. Fuck. Freak." I hate my life.